What's new

New Nikita... will MGM fix the subtitles? (1 Viewer)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
DVDFile is reporting that La Femme Nikita is getting a new DVD release on July 1st. We need to impress upon MGM the importance of getting some properly translated subtitles. For those who don't know, the previous disc included only the hearing-impared subtitles of the English dub, which are not acceptable as English subtitles when watching the film in French.

At least they're finally giving us a French 5.1 track.

-Lyle J.P.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I sure hope so. Every release of La Femme Nikta since the first LD that was cropped to 1:85 and in mono, has been an improvement over the prior one, yet there is always something wrong somehow.

Hopefully this time it will be done right.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello all. Are you sure about mono Brian? I remember renting this film on DVD for a French class, and it was in Dolby Digital...I think I might have been 4.1, but nonetheless, it was great sound. I may pick up this remaster now...

AJG

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
He was talking about the LD release being in mono. He was saying every version since then has been an improvement.

Jason

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I may still have that first Nikita LD, somewhere in storage. It's probably a collector's item. :eek:

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks