What's new

New Muppet Show discs! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The remaining 5 volumes to bring the Muppet Show DVDs in line with the VHS tapes should be out in roughly 6 weeks on Time-Life's website!

Huzzah!

RafaelB

Second Unit
Jeff-
You are (to borrow a coined word) "Muppet-astic"!!
I'm so psyched for more Muppet Shows.:D
Rafael

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You have to call Time-Life to get confirmation on it. It won't be on the web site till they're on sale

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I had dinner with a friend who was dating someone in the marketing dept for Time Life. She told me (they were both at the dinner) that the demand for the first set of Muppet Show discs was so strong Time Life was seriously considering releasing the rest. This was about 2 months ago.
Nice to see it's coming true :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Got a card in the mail today for a 15% discount on my next TL.COM order before May 31st. Check this post for details!
Jeff, do you think the new discs will make that deadline?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've received % off emails from Time Life on almost a weekly basis since ordering my first set. I have no doubt there will be a deal on the second. I hope there is a benefit to buying them all at once as there was with the first 10.

I wonder if we'll eventually see the whole series.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
David, I have no idea. All I keep hearing is "in production". My sources tell me that they haven't hit authoring yet :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, I dunno about the extra 5 volumes in the Time-Life set anymore. They're still not listing them at their site...
...but any day now (perhaps today even), you will start to see press release info from Columbia TriStar about...
...a 9/3 release from Col/TS of "The Best Of The Muppet Show" Volumes 1 and 2 on DVD!! Yep, they are **IDENTICAL** to the Time-Life releases! Elton John, etc. on the first disc, Mark Hamill/Star Wars on the second!
No price info yet, but the fact that these will be in stores has gotta be good news, right? I just wish they were seasonal sets instead of the same old thing.
The box designs look approximately the same, perhaps a tad "cleaned up" but I would have to get my own box covers to compare hard and find a real difference. Same pictures on the box in the same layout. I hope they took off the VHS references, at least! :)
I sent a note to Gord, so hopefully a TVShowsOnDVD listing will be pretty quick.
Also on 9/3 from Col/TS is a Muppet-related DVD called "Kermit's Swamp Years". I just have a title, date, menu shot, and nothing else, so I can't explain any more than that...sorry!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd still love to see the Muppet Show in a complete set, but I'll be happy if further volumes arrive. It'll be interesting to compare the retail price to the Time Life price.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm sure the DVD cases will no longer say VHS on the back :)
CTS is probably just acting as a distro for the discs since Time-Life holds the video rights. Now I'm doubting we'll see more till they ship V.10

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Video rights can be a little tricky. Time-Life may only have a license to release a few volumes through mail-order only. So theoretically Columbia/TriStar could gain commercial video rights to release the series. Meaning that the show would be available in stores to a larger portion of the public.
It's the same as I Love Lucy. CBS didn't sign over all video rights to Columbia House. They were just granted a license to release a few mail order volumes, and now CBS/Paramount will be using their commericial video rights to release the series in stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks