What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

New MST3K...two pack with a re-release? (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I doubt that's the case as Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is available on DVD unaltered for about Z$6. If the holder valued it, they'd charge more. Besides, if it were the case, they could have bundled it with an unreleased movie.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

You could make the argument that the show itself is the problem. Because of MST's dedicated fanbase and recognition, those holding the rights can play hardball. We'll never see every episode released and quite a few will be out of Rhino's budget limit. So, if having to package an already released episode with a new release is a way for Rhino to gain some valuable capitol, I have no problem supporting that. Give your extra Manos copy to a freind or relative.

Bruce

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

That's what I intend to do, my brother's birthday is four months away and he likes MST3K almost as much as I do.....almost.

BTW Bruce...it's I before E except after c.....freind?;)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Guys...Amazon.com has the original Manos disc for $17.36 and the Essentials Collection at $17.49. Aren't they giving you Manos for $0.13 more? Why not pick it up and give a friend the old DVD?

Gord

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^I'm buying it regardless because I want Stanta Claus Conquers the Martians, but this set is a really poor idea. I can only hope Rhino will not start releasing previously reelased episodes repackaged with a newer never released ones.

Also, check out the cover art at Gord's site, they're right in calling it major deja-vu. This is pretty disappointing.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking the same thing as Gord. This costs essentially the same as the one-episode releases.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Yeah I s'pose if the price is right,...

a little off topic, has anyone made single cases for the vol. releases? On my trip back from the US my Volume 1 box got a bit torn which got me thinking to putting the individual films in their own boxes. So is anyone aware of amaray covers for the Volume set films?

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Yes but to use this offer you are paying $10 more than the cheapest price for the 2 disc.

Not that great a deal as many already have Manos.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Paying $30 ($24.97 + $4.97 S&H) for three MST3K dvd's isn't "bad" in my book especially if it includes two MST3K title never before released, one of which that isn't available anywhere else (on dvd at least).

If it help's to break it down differently then look at it like this..$16 for The Essentials (two dvd's), $9 for Shorts vol.3 & $4.97 S&H...I'll take it.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I took it, just hoping they don't go and add Shorts Vol. 3 to MST3K Vol. 7 or something, too late for Vol 6, obviously.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Thanks for the tip, folks! I ordered via the link provided a couple of weeks ago and the 2-movie set arrived yesterday.

But no shorts DVD! Is that shipped separately?

edit: whatta dope, I opened the case and there was the bonus disc in a paper sleeve inside. :)

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron

Those of us living overseas have to hope that they do since the offer didn't seem to apply to non US/Canadian credit card holders...

I'm finally catching up with the other releases, so this one is the only one I haven't won on eBay or pre-ordered. I really hope we'll see some more early releases, but completed releases of the Sci-Fi Channel series would be really cool as well!

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a copy on ebay but I could not justify paying way over the odds just for 1 shorts disc.

It complely blows that its not available to people outside the usa / canada but I hate paying the stupid prices on ebay.

So I just hope I will be able to get this dvd another way.

If its not on another boxset then Im sure their are other ways to get it without paying.

Oh and mst3kinfo are assholes as they just ignore any email I sent to try and get the bonus dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McMillan
Recent bookmarks