New MSN account, old computer. Incompatible?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob McLaughlin, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    My wife and I got a second computer, and with it came a free year of MSN internet access. We're up and running on the new computer and that's not the problem.

My question is, can I also access the internet from my new MSN account on my old computer? The problem is that the old computer runs on Windows 95, but the CD-ROM to install the new MSN says that I have to have at least Windows 98. Is there a way I can still do this without getting an upgrade? I currently have no internet provider on the old computer, so I can't download software from the internet on the old computer.

Also, I know very little about computers (if that isn't obvious already), so it would be nice if you could keep explanations simple for my sake! Thanks!

2. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

3. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    Thanks, Thom! I clicked on the 2nd link that you provided, and it gave me the option to have them send me a free CD-ROM that has MSN Explorer on it, so I went with that. That way I won't have to move my zip-drive from one computer to the other. I appreciate your help!