What's new

New MSN account, old computer. Incompatible? (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
My wife and I got a second computer, and with it came a free year of MSN internet access. We're up and running on the new computer and that's not the problem.

My question is, can I also access the internet from my new MSN account on my old computer? The problem is that the old computer runs on Windows 95, but the CD-ROM to install the new MSN says that I have to have at least Windows 98. Is there a way I can still do this without getting an upgrade? I currently have no internet provider on the old computer, so I can't download software from the internet on the old computer.

Also, I know very little about computers (if that isn't obvious already), so it would be nice if you could keep explanations simple for my sake! Thanks!

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Head up to the msn support site, Link Removed, on your new box and download the installation sw that's compatible with '95, then transfer it to your old box and install.
Here's a link to the MSN Explorer download, which is compatible with 95. Link Removed
T

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Thanks, Thom! I clicked on the 2nd link that you provided, and it gave me the option to have them send me a free CD-ROM that has MSN Explorer on it, so I went with that. That way I won't have to move my zip-drive from one computer to the other. I appreciate your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks