New MP3 to CDR quirk..out of the blue!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I have been burning CD's for what seems like forever. And since getting a new PC with XP this past november, I have simply been using the WinMedia software to convert and burn in one easy stroke..until now!

The last coupla times I did this..the CD's are unplayable in my Kenwood 200 disc changer AND show up as No Disc or VCD in my RCA DVD player!

I thought it might be the brand of disc I was using..Imation..because in the CD recorder I have..commercial uses ANY blank CD format..the burned disc show as No Disc..BUT after displaying that message...the tracks and time show!?!?! Anyhow..putting in a blank Imation disc...the recorder recognises that JUST fine. Now..here is the kicker....

These play JUST fine in my older players!!! My Pioneer CLD-704 and nearly 10 year old Pioneer 100 Disc player as well as my Apex AD-600A.

For the record I tried re-burning these using Sonic Stage that came with my Vaio...no better. And neither program will tell me if it's a CDR or CDRW and offers no option to "Close" a disc on my own..in case that had not occurred.

Any ideas as to what might have changed with the burning/converting software?

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

The culprit might just be the new XP operating system.

Roxio had a big problem with getting out an update to their Easy CD Creator software that would jive with XP.

3. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Unless it is an upgrade in the last week or so...I don't think so. PLUS I had the same issue with Sonic Stage when I tried copying them over to new discs.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Could the burner be slightly off-spec, causing it be produce CD-Rs that are readable by older players only.

5. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

6. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Pat: I tried re-installing Sonic Stage...see what happens with that. As for Media Player..I can't find on my restore or applications dics that all by it self to restore. I think that may be the case, in that, I have done literally over 100 discs with no problem until now!

Todd: Read the info about that patch but it appears to affect MP3 burning. Downloaded and will try anyhow...can't hurt. Thanks for the link.