What's new

New MotoGP 2 Screens (Xbox) (1 Viewer)

James_tango

Stunt Coordinator
I third that! :D can't wait for this game...

BTW, the link is for PC version. Is the PC version going to feature better graphics, and some other improvement over XBOX version ? Anyone knows ?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
MotoGP is Live's current killer app for me, and is the main reason I haven't been on the side of the Live complainers in recent threads. And from everything I've read... MotoGP 2 is going to up the ante considerably.

More tracks, more bikes, more options, no cheating (hopefully) and from everything I've read, near perfect Live integration.

If you really want to get excited, I suggest doing a little reading:

http://www.xbox.com/motogp2/xfactor.htm
http://www.xbox.com/motogp2/firstencounter.htm
http://www.planetmgp.com/forums/foru...?s=&forumid=45

See you on the track!

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
MotoGP is Live's current killer app for me, and is the main reason I haven't been on the side of the Live complainers in recent threads.
My thoughts exactly!

I get tired of the run/shoot/run/shoot/run/shoot boredom of deathmatching. Guess those guys could say they get bored of going 'round-n-round' a track over and over. :) To each his/her own.

Hopefully the bike engine sound is NOT finalized in the OXM demo disc. The bikes sound pretty weak/lame.

Other than that, I'm pretty fired up 'bout MotoGP2. Those clouds!!! :laugh:

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I agree, really looking forward to this one. The team vs team games are a lot of fun(had a blast with SOCOM way back when)...but there is something special about your whole fate in the game being decided solely by you(or by the guy who slides under your line and takes you down..:).

I'm really surprised motoGP didn't catch on big at HTF, I thought there would have been weekly races and all kinds of teams/clans really?

TV

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Back in the beta test days there were always several HTF'ers online in MGP because it was pretty much the only game in town. We had dozens of informal races against each other, as well as a few "HTF Cup" races where we all got together to lose to Buck Thrustwell. :) But by the time XBL launched, the beta testers had been playing MGP over and over again for months, and I think most of them were ready for something new. Once Live games like Ghost Recon and MechAssault came out, most of us were pretty played out on MotoGP and made the jump to the newer games. Still, it was always great fun and I'm looking forward to MGP2. Maybe we can resurrect the "HTF Cup" races once again!

Scott "E"

Second Unit
as well as a few "HTF Cup" races where we all got together to lose to Buck Thrustwell
Thanks, Dave, although Derrik and Masood never joined us, and by seeing some of their times I believe I would have had my work cut out for me.

If anyones interested maybe we can have a going away race for MotoGP in preparation for MotoGP 2. Any takers?

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'd love to give ya a race there, Buck Thrustwell. :) You garnered a pretty good 'rep for your GP skillzz. Looking at your times, I see why. :emoji_thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I'm knee deep in remodeling hell and, until my h.t. room is done, I'm offline. :frowning:

On a side note, I popped in GP the other night, just for some offline fun, and I was reminded as to how difficult MotoGP really can be.

...I sucked!!! :laugh:

Talk about a racing game where you REALLY need to know the track like the back of your hand.

I don't know about the rest of you but, I've always used to "cockpit" view or, "1st person pespective" view,...whatever you want to call it. The other views, in any racing game, have never really done it for me. MotoGP is the 1st racing game that I've ever played where I've seriously considered trying to learn to race with an "outside" view.

The cockpit view, I think, might actually be a hinderance. I can't see anyone to the side of me and sometimes I'll cut people off, completely unintentionally, and have to explain that I can't see them.

I've heard more than my share of "Hey Painkilller, you #*^!(@#, you just cut me off"!. *tee hee* :laugh:

Oh yeah, try doing cockpit view in the rain. :eek: Talk about hard...

Maybe for MotoGP2 I'll try and learn the outside views and, definitely, switch to a manual tranny.

Hope to see you guys online as soon as I wash the drywall dust outta my hair...

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>If anyones interested maybe we can have a going away race for MotoGP in preparation for MotoGP 2. Any takers?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'm up for a MotoGP night sometime.

I'll have to add Mr. Thrustwell to my list to see how good he really is :)

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
i'm in, haven't been on for a long time (been away for 3 months) but i'm ready to take buck out in the corners. ;)

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Ok guys, I popped in MotoGP last night and well, I think I need some practice :).

Anyway, what night works best for everybody, Friday or Saturday? Friday night I'm going out with a few friends, but should be back and ready to play by 10pm EST. Saturday night anytime works for me. Anybody want to volunteer to host? I would, but my 192Kb upload is quite pathetic.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I can host. I have 384kbps upload, should be enough for 8 players.

I will be around friday night for sure, and possibly saturday night.

I only have the demo, so I am limited to the 3 tracks that come with it...

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
ok guys i'll try and join, if i do it'll most likely be after 10 pm.
buck i've got a slower upload and have hosted full rooms,usually it's the other persons connection if there's lag.i could be wrong.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Forgot MotoGP was coming out. Since baseball on live looks like a bust ill probably pick up MotoGP2

capt

Scott "E"

Second Unit
buck i've got a slower upload and have hosted full rooms,usually it's the other persons connection if there's lag
I'll give it a shot, but if there's a lot of lag someone else can host. Glad to see you back around, hwshi, will you be bringing the bike with nitrous again this weekend? :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
LOL your probably right. If its a good live game ill pick it up as soon as I can. I am kind of upset that Inside pitch has turned out to be the worst baseball game of them all. Guess we can only hope next year has a better live baseball game

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks