What's new

NEW Monitor Audio Isobarik sub... (1 Viewer)

Randy G

Second Unit
I recently came across this new sub while perusing the Monitor Audio website, and it certainly looks intriguing. Dual 12" "long throw" woofs, transmission style vent system, variable Q control, etc. It's the same size as the ACI TitanII, but over 50% heavier(costs twice as much, though). Prices aside, does anybody(Tom?) have any idea how this sub might perform?..especially in comparison to something like the TitanII? It looks pretty nice, but do ya think it all boils down to the driver's Xmax? Monitor Audio certainly ain't gonna give up THAT information, especially since they manufacture the drivers and they're sealed inside the enclosure.
------------------
[Edited last by Randy G on October 30, 2001 at 10:20 AM]
[Edited last by Randy G on October 30, 2001 at 10:21 AM]

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Randy,
Xmas? It's not even Thanksgiving yet! I know, I know...you meant Xmax. Keep in mind the major drawback of isobaric alignments. That is the require twice the power as a single driver alignment. I see that this sub's amp is rated at 360W while the Titan II's is rated at 250W. Assuming the specs are correct, I'd think that two Titan II's might outgun the MA sub for output. But I would be more comfortable with actual measurements before betting any money. They both have unique features: the MA has variable Q while the Titan has dual crossovers that can be combined for a 36dB/octave slope.
I'd love to hear them both side by side!
Brian
P.S. My 18" driver has arrived!

Randy G

Second Unit
Good points, Brian. Must have been my evil twin that wrote "xmas"... Yeah, of course I would assume that two TitanIIs would outgun a single MA FB212, but I was more curious as to a one-on-one shootout.
I'll try to call ya a bit late about the BPD.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks