New Mitsubishis...very impressive!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Harnish, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I am in awe -- and I am now an official Widescreen RPTV HDTV convert. Just got the chance to see one of the new Mitsubishi models (the $2599.99 one) at Ken Cranes the other night. Originally, I was planning on getting a Tosh set but with Native 480p on Mits, I just could not hold my praise for the Mits.
    What really amazed me was the incredible quality of the progressive picture without calibration! From what I saw (Saving Private Ryan), the image was even better than a direct view set. More film-like in its presentation.
    Well...I know what TV I'm going to purchase come April of next year. Why April? Well, I'll be receiving a large inheritance in October of 2004 so I'm going to hit one of those 18 months no payments no interest deals at Paul's TV. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Sounds great - I came real close to picking up a 55909, but the 4:3 stretch modes were not that great. Looking forward to checking out the new models. Which did you see ?