New Mitsubishis are in at Best Buy!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rob_stei, Aug 2, 2002.

1. rob_stei

rob_stei Auditioning

They were just rolling out the 65" WS today at lunch.

2. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

FWIW - I believe (which means I could be wrong...) that BB is only authorized for the Gold and maybe the Platinum models. No Diamonds.

Be interesting to see what discount off MSRP they give.

3. DavidHas

DavidHas Auditioning

The salesman at my local BestBuy in Lexington KY states that mitsubishi is making a product line for best buy exclusivly that is different from the xxx11 series that is coming out. Does anyone have the specs and prices on the line that best buy is going to carry and how they will be different from the current models? Thanks for the info.

4. Milt

Milt Auditioning

If they do indeed have a line with their "own model numbers", its to make it harder to price match. The competitiion can say thats not the same set.

5. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Geez - shopping for TVs is turning into shopping for a mattress. Each dealer gets their own unique "model" so there's no price matching, even though the products are probably identical.

6. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

I work for another chain that carries everything from the mits line. I have the specs of everything best buys models have, they are basically gold models except shield is not color tuned, vsm is not switchable, and no color balance feature. Their 4/3 model is comaprable to the silver series less the things above. I would buy elsewhere as MSRP at most retailers for the same models plus the features above is the same price.

7. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

David,

Just out of curiosity who did you speak to at the Lexington Best Buy? I actually worked in that department but left in June.

Brandon Smith

8. DavidHas

DavidHas Auditioning

I didn't get a name.... just spoke to 2 different people in the video dept over the phone on two separate days. They stated that they would be getting them here within the next few weeks.

9. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Kevin - sounds like the BB models are physically the same, but with some features defeated. And Joe6pk will be thinking he got a great deal !