What's new

New Mitsubishi 48413 - ready to research tweaks but . . . (1 Viewer)

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
Where are they? I just got it last Friday, so I figured I could research during the break-in time. (I already did the basic Avia adjustments, and this is my 1st RPTV, btw.) Unfortunately, so far it looks like this information can't be found (by me, anyway) on the free forums like here and AVS. There's supposed to be a Mits tweak forum on hometheaterspot that you have to pay to access. I just have my reservations about paying for the chance to possibly find what I need. This is not intended as an attack on HTS, it's just the way I approach things that cost money. I like to be sure what I'm getting. So, does everyone just go HTS for Mits tweaks, or what?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
You may want to wait a couple of hundred hours before making any greyscale adjustments.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
You can also try Keohi.com (then link to the HDTV site).

I have an article written there on 5 steps to video Nirvana.

Basically
1. remove the glare screen
2. use avia or Video essentials
3. converge your set
4. make mattes for 4x3 and 2.35 material
5. use a back light.

regards

Gregg Loewen

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator

I looked around a bit there, but I don't see anything that will help me. The area on Mits was all about the older models, and the brand-specific forum had no posts. I did find this on AVS, but it's a little too general for my taste to go wading into the service menu. I'm looking for a more step-by-step set of instructions until I can get more familiar with tweaking this TV (i.e. not accidently screw something up). According to that thread, I'll also have to then adjust geometry which really sounds more scary to me. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of information out there. I may have to bite the bullet, pay for that HTS membership, and hope for the best.

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
brett - did you ever find the info you were looking for? how do you like the mits? it is on my short list along with the tosh 46h83

thanks

jim

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Brett,
I'm in the same boat except I own a 55413 and I'm deciding on whether to cough up some dough to see what tweaks I should do or if I should do them for that matter. I got the service menu code but I'm paranoid as all get out to mess with it right now.

Luckily I guess for me I don't have any issues that I'm visually able to see. I'm going to have to spend ALOT more time with AVIA to get accustomed to how and what to look for to "train" my eyes.

Still I'm loving this set and glad I didn't go the Toshiba route(my alternative). Removing the Glare screen helped alot for me.

Steven Sz

Auditioning
I've done the same searching as you and for some reason, HTS is the ONLY place to find any tweaks. Almost seems like they kick back to anyone who might have the tweaks so they don't post them anywhere else. Very disappointing.

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Brett, Shane, Steven: I could help you out with what you need, just right now I don't have the time to write it all down. Let me go over the weekend to give you some instructions to tweak your TV's (hopefully detailed enough). You could also send me PM with specific questions.

Hugo

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
hugo.. how about making that available to the rest of us :) I am about to purchse this unit myself :)

thanks

jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks