What's new

New Mits WS55413 or New Hitachi 55S500 (1 Viewer)

RonT

Auditioning
I have the opportunity to get either one of the above new model RPTVs for the same price (approx. $2400 - July 4 promos). I can return my Hitachi 51swx20b which I don't like because the Direct TV picture is blurry and I really don't like the 4:3 expansion mode and there is too much overscan of the Zoom1 mode. I have adjusted the set with Avia DVD. I like it in all other respects.

Does anyone have any opinions about the new models from Mitsubishi and Hitachi?

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

I think they're both very comparable. Except the mits is bigger :D. Unless you're talking about the 57S500 (I'm guessing you mean the 51s500). They both have user adjustable six-colors which should eliminate any kind of color push. The mits has a new 4:3 expand mode called stretch plus which sounds as if it'll do a good job w/ 4:3 material. I don't know if the Hitachi has any new aspect ratio modes. I don't think you can go wrong w/either one.

-Vic

RonT

Auditioning
Thanks for your reply VicQ. Yes I was asking about the 51". The 57" is too big for my space.

I am very concerned about SD material(DirecTV), since that will be the majority of my viewing for the next year or two.

Cy Jervis

Agent
I finally got my father to get rid of his 15 year old Toshiba and he just received the Hitachi 51s500 yesterday. I've been at his house today setting it up and running thru the Avia DVD and it looks great so far. He has Adelphia digital cable with a lousy signal and I think the TV does a great job considering the source. DVD looks AWESOME in progressive or regular hookup (he got a new DVD player also so I tried the old one and new one on the TV). If you want to know the new features just go to Hitachi's web site and there is a list. The aspect modes are 4:3, 4:3 expanded, 4:3 zoom 1 and 2, 16:9 standard, and 16:9 zoom. The TV up-converts signals to 540p or 1080I as selectable thru the remote. The tv did have about a 15% red push but that was easily fixed in the menu where you can turn down colors individually. If you have any other questions I can try to answer them. After seeing what the 51" can do I will be getting the 57" in a few moths when my house is finished being built.

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
cy how are the stretch modes compaired to the old models can you say the new stretch modes compair to the tosh sets or the panny sets .cheers

hour parents all desirve the best things in life because most of our parents sacrificed a lot for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks