What's new

New Mirage speakers are great (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Has anyone heard the new Mirage speakers yet? They are the Mirage Omnisat speakers, but towers and bookshelves instead of the sat's. I can't find any information on the Mirage site, but they are very cool. The towers only cost $1200CDN!! They sound very big. It is very diffrent from my Klipsch Ref. I can't say which one I like more, because I didn't have my own music. I think they came in last night. I'll go back tommorow and bring some CD's. See if there as great as I think they are:)
---
I need surround speakers. (2) I can get 1 Mirage Omnisat for $310.00 CDN. So $620.00. Mabey taxes in. Does that sound right to you?? What are you geting for prices?
I can't get the matching Klipsch RS3's. My dealer wany's $1000 for em'. What Kind of high school kid can afford that!!?!??

Jeff Ery

Stunt Coordinator
Iam VERY impressed with the omni model 60 bookshelf speakers that I heard on stands....neat Idea, great sound ...fabulous for those who need good off-axis behavior...wide, deep, natural soundstage when listening to Bush, Fleck, O'Conner, Ma, Meyer,etc.....I haven't listened to hard rock on them yet though.....

Donald_Spry

Stunt Coordinator
Where did everyone listen to these at? I am very interested in the bookshelf's and towers. Please post back on your take with your own music!

Donald Spry

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I heard towers today for about 20 min. Sounded great. Metallica was smooth, yet power-full and open. D.S "Money for Nothing" was amazing. Very open. Liquid like high's. Sting's voice flew across the room. Drums pounded.

I'm not sure If I like them more then my RF3's. They do sound very different however. The only way to tell would for me to AB test them side by side. The mirage's had smoother more laid back sound. Some detail was missing I could hear on my Klipsch, but some notes I could here on the mirage, were less noticeable on the klipsch. Highs were fine on the mirage, but the mid-upper bass lacked some detail. With closer inspection, you may notice these mirage speakers look cheep. Oh well, no speaker is perfect.

jad

Agent
I listened to them today along with the klipch rf-5's. THe mirages were had a very wide open soundstage but felt they actually sounded better when standing up. Sitting down they were too diffused and overall they did not have enough meat on the bones and although a sub helped I still prefered the klipsches. However I could see how some may like their sound. I also found their tweeter bright at high levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks