What's new

New MGM October releases inc/ Street Smart (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Some new disc announcements from MGM Home Entertainment.

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie: Special Edition comes with a fullscreen transfer, DD 5.1, deleted scenes, outtakes, bloopers, "Inside Pepe's Studio" featurette, Muppet bios, and easter eggs. Retail is $19.98.

New catalog titles include Alien From LA, Impulse, Straight Out of Brooklyn, Street Smart, a single-disc reissue of West Side Story, and The Whales of August. All come with 16x9 transfers (except Alien From LA and Impulse which are fullscreen and Silkwood which is letterboxed). The only extras are trailers. Retail is $14.95 each, and all are due on October 7th.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I'm there for the Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nice cover art too.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Actually, I think the single disc West Side Story is full frame. I want the movie, but not the extras, so I hope DVDfile was wrong.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Seeing as how the previous Anchor Bay editions of SILKWOOD and IMPULSE were, respectively, non-anamorphic letterbox and pan-scan, it would appear that MGM is merely recylcing the same source materials.

Wasn't Disney's sale of the ABC titles to MGM based on "creating new, exciting content" for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks