New Member with a hypothetical question..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelSholl, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MichaelSholl

MichaelSholl Auditioning

Hello everyone. I am so glad I found this forum. It's nice to see people are as crazy or crazier than I am about electronics.

Anyway, here is my question. I have recently been looking at large screen TV's. I have browsed Best Buy, CC, and a few others. Here are my constraints:

Budget - $3000
    Preference - 65"

I had narrowed it down to the Toshiba 65H82 and the Mits WSA65 both $2999 at BB. After some research I found that the Mits is last years model rebranded?? In the post they indicated not to get the WSA65 but go to for example sears and get the WS-65311 for the same price....

After a bit more rearch, I found the Mits WS-65511 at Crazy eddies for $2999

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/crazyedd...tsubishi1.html

Here are my questions.

1. What does everyone think of the mits platinum line?

2. Does the bit about the WSA65 at BB make sense?

3. Does anyone have experience with Crazy Eddies? Price seems to good to be true

4. Anything else I should know?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

If you can get the Mits over the Toshiba for same price ... and meets your budget ... get it.

Better than the Toshiba even if it is last years model.

CE ... does not have the best rep ... so tread carefully.

Regards

3. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

What about Hitachi or Sony?

4. MichaelSholl

MichaelSholl Auditioning

Thanks Michael,

Yeah, the Sears deal seems the safest at the point. But it's hard to ignore CE's prices.

I wonder if anyone else has purchased form there....? I may post another thread to see.

Thanks again...

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Ummm Crazy eddies thats an online retailer right? just start thinking about the shipping and return and service problems you might experience, plus it is not uncommon for online retailers to give you the run around hoping you go away when you have problems. that is not to say that they wont honor a warranty, but you may have to put allot of effort into gettign it.

personally I am a huge advocate of shopping at local high end places, their sales people often know what they are talkign about, and the service you get at these places is much better than any chain.

when i go into future shop or sears the service is crap, when i go into west end electronics (local store) I am greeted by a sales man who knows my name and goes out of his way to get me information and quite often is very upfront about prices and plesant to deal with.

trust me if you can find a place locally where you are treated well it is invaluable, and worth the extra few dollars you might pay over sears or BB or CC

6. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

Crazy Eddie has a less than pefect repuatation I believe.

I also think they are not "officially" factory authorized.

You could confirm this by a simple toll free call to the MFG of the product you are considering.

Worth knowing now... and avoiding a potential warranty issue... when CE won't take it back, or charges you 15% plus the shipping to return it, and MFG denies coverage.

That could be a big problem.

I can't reccomend enough buying from a local dealer with a good return policy and support down the road.