What's new

New member seeking help (1 Viewer)

greg*r

Auditioning
Hello, I am wondering if anyone in cyberspace can help me out. I am planning a home theater in my basement my room dimensions are 19.5L x 11.5W x 7.5H. In my readings I have seen people say to design the entire room before building (makes sense. However, my questions is in designing the room layout placement of outlets lights seats TV, speakers etc. do you determine seating first. If so do you do it by distance from the screen or by the acoustics of the room. Is there any books you could reccomend. Any help is greatly appreciated.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
How many rows of seats are you thinking about? Seating and screen size are directly related. They are also effected by the projector you are planning to use.

A good place to start might be this thread Things I wish I had done differently
I think that it is good to learn from your mistakes, but better to learn from others :D

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
I would reccomend www.designcinema.com and ask Dennis for his free white papers he will send you, a booklet entitled: "The imprtoance of plannning and designing home theater". Other good resources are Polks Guide to Home Theater, Dolby's Guide to Home Theater and Crutchfields Guide to Home Theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks