New Member here with a question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ToddP, Sep 16, 2003.

1. ToddP

ToddP Stunt Coordinator

I am currently thisclose to buying a Pioneer Elite PRO-630HD tomorrow. Currently I have an older model Pioneer 3-disc DVD player that does not have progressive scan. Will I be killing myself if I don't pick up a progressive scan dvd player with my tv tomorrow? If so, does anyone have some recommendations (Elite vs. Denon or Marantz)? Are the Elite dvd players worth the money (DV-45A and DV-47Ai)? And as someone who can see/hear/appreciate the differences in quality of picture and sound, but does not completely "get" the technical aspects, could someone explain the differences? Thanks a lot for your time.

2. ToddP

ToddP Stunt Coordinator

Also, i-Link is Pioneer's FireWire connection, correct? Does this replace all other a/v connections needed for the component, and is it worthwhile, or would one be better off sticking with component video and optical audio? Thanks again.

3. Paul.Little

Paul.Little Stunt Coordinator

The Pioneer Elite TVs do an excellent job of progressive scan and 3:2 pulldown correction internally.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    You don't have to get one right away. I had my projector for months before I got a p.s. DVD (a JVC) but when I did the a-b comparisons, I noticed there was less shimmer, line interaction, moire that you get in cross-hatch images but I had to look close to the screen to see it (96")