What's new

New Member Check out my home theater in my new house (1 Viewer)

nickMahler

Agent
hey guys im new to the higher end home theater market but here is my theater. i still have tons of work to do like acoustics and window covering. let me know what yall think so far.

"edit"click on the link in my sig because it wont let me put it in the post. thanks

shaneOneill

Auditioning
Nick

Those are some seriously high ceilings. How high are they? What kind of window coverings are you considering? I imagine its difficult to view at daytime at this point.

Good job and kudos

Shane

nickMahler

Agent
they are 10ft ceilings in all the rooms and 12ft in family room and kitchen area. it is a very open floor plan since i am handicapped. i am looking to get some blackout shades that are electric in tracks for total darkness. we have blankets and a tarp in the room for now but we are going to home depot and getting some redi shades to do it temporary. im looking for people who have had experience in electric blinds that dont break the bank, i already have about $20k in the room so far. SSeeya
nick

nickMahler

Agent
ill give you some more details about my room.
i had this room built for a home theater/media room the measurements are 14'x23.5'. from the beginning but i didnt think i was going to get a projector. originally i was going to get a 62" mistubishi DLP RP TV, but since the projector and screen were going to cost similar i went with the projector. it was definitely a good decision it is so much cooler to watch even regular tv on a 120" tv compared to my 65" mits in the family room. i had them run this room with 30amp circuit just for this room. one of the biggest problems i see is there are 2 vents but no air return so itll bake you if you have all the doors closed and the heater on. so my solution will be to add some kind of vent into the ceiling probably above to projector to vent that heat as well. i had them put a solid core door behind the screen/components for ease of access to all the connections to the recievers, this was a wise investment for sure. they used R30 insulation in all teh walls and even put some thicker tar paper between the sheetrock and the studs which are 16" centers with cross braces which made it super fun to run huge monster component cables to the reciever. we have played all the major game systems on it like Xbox and PS2 and the quality is a ton better using the Xbox HD inputs. tomorrow i am getting my bradford/young Bentley series power loveseat and starting the construction of the rear platform to put the current loveseat on until i save my pennies to buy a matching power setup. with my 2 12 inch subs we dont need the butt shakers yet because they do a plenty good job right now. i kept my car audio subs for now because they do an awesome job because the sont amp im using puts out 200wattsx2 @4ohm at.09% distortion and they will RUMBLE the whole room. also the sony AVR-3100(office present) is pretty simple to program i just cant figure out how to change the button labels, any guidance?? let me know if yall have any questions

nickMahler

Agent
do yall think i should leave my center below my screen or put it above the screen pointed down?? it is a huge polk center so i would have to build a small shelf to affix it to above the screen. let me know your opinions on this idea. thanks

nickMahler

Agent
hey guys i finally got my walls painted and some curtains up. the walls are painted with 3 coats of Benjamin Moore Flat Hale Navy Paint. The curtains are a Brown Suede with brown Silk Zebra striped cornice Boards. these curtains block out about 99.999999% of the light. now i am just waiting for the other brdington-young power theater couch to come in and build the platform. also have to install my remote control light switch. check out the link in my sig for new pics. Thanks

Nick

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Your HT reminds we somewhat of my own HT. Would you consider painting the room or the front wall itself a dark colour. I only ask because when I did my front wall black, it really made a big difference in the appearance of the image, especially with night time viewing.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Nick:

Yes, I had to change the gallery around and your link goes to the new area that has your pictures.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks