What's new

new member and new system! (1 Viewer)

calgaryscot

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
Hi all,
I am soon to take delivery of a projector and screen (Optoma DX605 DLP) I have just also bought a Sony HDMI Home theatre system (HTDDW900).
My question is regarding hooking this all up together, I have ordered a HDMI/DVI combi cable to link the Sony system and the projector, I am going to connect a Bell HD Satellite box and a Sony HDMI dvd player to the system.
I have a HDMI cable to connect the dvd player but i was wondering what would be the best to connect the Satellite box?
It has the following outputs: DVI-HDTV/DISH DVI, component video, line out X 2, S.Video and digital audio. On the spec sheet for the projector, it mentions the following inputs: DVI-D with HDCP, VGA (VGA to component adapter included), S.Video, Composite video, Audio, IR recievers.
Hope this makes sense to someone and does it sound like it will all work?
Many thanks in advance.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
The DVI to the Projector would be the best, Component throught the VGA/Component Adaptor would be second best. S-Video and Composite video would be the last choice. Then use either of the 2 Optical Inputs or the 1Digital Coax for the audio to the HTIB.

calgaryscot

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
OK, I will use the HDMI/DVI to connect to the projector and the HDMI to connect the DVD to the home theatre system. Would it be ok to use component video to connect the Satellite system to the home theatre system? and what is HTIB? New to all this stuff, sorry!

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
HTIB refers to home theater in a box

but i am not sure but i think you will need to run a cable from the HT to the projector if you are running a HDMI cable straight from the DVD to projector

someone will probably correct me if im wrong!

calgaryscot

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
Thanks mustang, I am using the the HDMI to connect the DVD to the HT and the HDMI/DVI for connecting the HT and the projector, it is the Satellite and HT connection I am unsure of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks