What's new

New Member and I need help (1 Viewer)

Adry007

Auditioning
Real Name
Adriano
Hi all,
This is my first post and I'm new to all the Hts so here come my first question I about to buy this 5.1 system: heco vogue but I'm wondering if I need to buy an AV receiver or I can just connect it directly from the TV via RCA output?

Thanks in advance

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From what I can tell, you need a surround sound receiver of at least 5.1 channel to use that speaker set. Just be aware that I wasn't able to find much specific info on it.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It looks like a straightforward satellite system, so yes you'll need a receiver (or amp). Satellites are easy to drive, and the impedance seems to be 8 ohms, so it doesn't have to be a very powerful receiver.

Be aware that satellites are usually not very good for music, so if that's a decent percentage of your use you may want to look at bookshelf speakers.

Adry007

Auditioning
Real Name
Adriano
I managed to get a Kenwood krf v6080d but I got issue with optical input and no sound from the sub

Adry007

Auditioning
Real Name
Adriano
I got everything working now but I need some help to set it up properly is there anyone that knows this receiver?

Adry007

Auditioning
Real Name
Adriano
Hi guys I have an issue is it normal that I need to activate the Dolby ex to be able to make the rear speakers working?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It's hard to tell as we don't know what you have connected and what you're trying to do with it. But if I had to take a WAG I'd say that either you're playing a stereo source or you have a component connected to the receiver using a stereo connection.

Adry007

Auditioning
Real Name
Adriano
I'm connected my IPTV box to the receiver via optical cable, the receiver model is a kenwood krf-"v6080d

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A lot of the time you need to cycle through all the surround modes for each input until you get the output you want. You might do it with the remote or on the front of the receiver, or maybe either way will work. It depends on the receiver. If there is a button on your remote that says "Surround" or "Surround Mode", you should be able to repeatedly push that until you get output from all the speakers. This is assuming the receiver is configured for all the speakers you have connected, but let's assume you do.

Typically you only need to do this once, and the receiver will remember your preference.

Adry007

Auditioning
Real Name
Adriano
A lot of the time you need to cycle through all the surround modes for each input until you get the output you want. You might do it with the remote or on the front of the receiver, or maybe either way will work. It depends on the receiver. If there is a button on your remote that says "Surround" or "Surround Mode", you should be able to repeatedly push that until you get output from all the speakers. This is assuming the receiver is configured for all the speakers you have connected, but let's assume you do.

Typically you only need to do this once, and the receiver will remember your preference.
Does what I done and I found the mode that works but seem not to be saving it

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Does what I done and I found the mode that works but seem not to be saving it
Most receivers save this information individually for each input. Some also allow you to save "favorites" for frequently used settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks