What's new

New Macbook, How do I move my music to it from my Vista machine? (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
What is the easiest way to transfer my music from my Windows Vista machine to my brand new Macbook?

I cant find anything searching the net that works.

I was able to connect my Mac to my pc using smb but it gave me a "failed to mount drive" notification for all the folders I want, but it worked on the default "public" folder that comes with Vista, unfortunatly I have nothing in there I want to transfer.

On the other side of the coin, My macbook shows up in the "network" folder on windows, and I can view the macs shared drop box folder, but when I try to open it, or to drop any folders in it windows gives me a "cannot connect to server" error.

This is my first mac, the Fedex man just left it at my door a few hours ago. I never even touched one before today. I bought a refurb aluminum 2.4ghz, with 2 gigs of ram and a 250gig hd. Its from the Macstore.

PS -- I was really annoyed with the fact that I had to push hard on the trackpad but was thrilled when I found the "touch to click" option in the system settings.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Well, why don't you put all you music into the Public folder? Or alternatively turn on sharing for the folder that your music currently resides in.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I had sharing turned on for that folder, and I dont want to move my music from my secondary hard drive onto the first drive.

Anyway, I got it to work, I didnt have sharing turned on for "everyone" only for a specific user. That is why I was unable to access the folder with my macbook. Thanks for the help anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks