What's new

New, Low-Carb Coke (1 Viewer)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer

I switched to sugar-free drinks when I was 22, still consume regular ice cream and such on occasion though. I am now 54, have all my own teeth with not a single filling.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer

I switched to sugar-free drinks when I was 22, still consume regular ice cream and such on occasion though. I am now 54, have all my own teeth with not a single filling.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
C2 has a terrible aftertaste and I just don't see the point of it...

Diet Coke for me (regular colas are just too darn sweet).

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
C2 has a terrible aftertaste and I just don't see the point of it...

Diet Coke for me (regular colas are just too darn sweet).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
c2 has apartame and splenda.
why not just use splenda?

pepsi edge doesnt have aspartame and also lacks the bad aftertaste.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
c2 has apartame and splenda.
why not just use splenda?

pepsi edge doesnt have aspartame and also lacks the bad aftertaste.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I was able to try a C2 yesterday, and it wasn't bad. I really don't like the taste of Diet Coke and could barely taste the hint of "diet" in C2. To me it tasted pretty close to the real thing.

However, with 12 grams of carbs per 8 oz serving, I don't think anyone who's really carb conscience is going to be drinking this regularly. Which is exactly why I won't.

I guess I'll have to continue suffering with water and the occasional diet drink. :D

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I was able to try a C2 yesterday, and it wasn't bad. I really don't like the taste of Diet Coke and could barely taste the hint of "diet" in C2. To me it tasted pretty close to the real thing.

However, with 12 grams of carbs per 8 oz serving, I don't think anyone who's really carb conscience is going to be drinking this regularly. Which is exactly why I won't.

I guess I'll have to continue suffering with water and the occasional diet drink. :D

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator

I am old enough to remember that fiasco and my boycott of Coke. They switched the formula and insisted that taste tests showed it to be better. It wasn't!!! When they came up with "Coke Classic", after the huge public outcry, the cane sugar had been replaced with high frutose corn syrup and it hasn't tasted the same since. I have been lucky enough to find the Kosher version a coupla times but rarely drink Coke Classic since it is a pale imitation of what I used to really enjoy drinking. And yes, C2 tastes enough like Diet Coke, I found myself saying, 'why bother'.

YMMV

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator

I am old enough to remember that fiasco and my boycott of Coke. They switched the formula and insisted that taste tests showed it to be better. It wasn't!!! When they came up with "Coke Classic", after the huge public outcry, the cane sugar had been replaced with high frutose corn syrup and it hasn't tasted the same since. I have been lucky enough to find the Kosher version a coupla times but rarely drink Coke Classic since it is a pale imitation of what I used to really enjoy drinking. And yes, C2 tastes enough like Diet Coke, I found myself saying, 'why bother'.

YMMV

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I had the chance to drink a bottle of Pepsi "Edge" today. Sadly, this drink is about as uneventful as Coke C2.

Sorry Coke and Pepsi, I'll pass on both of these offerings. Hopefully, they'll fade into the sunset soon enough.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I had the chance to drink a bottle of Pepsi "Edge" today. Sadly, this drink is about as uneventful as Coke C2.

Sorry Coke and Pepsi, I'll pass on both of these offerings. Hopefully, they'll fade into the sunset soon enough.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

In some parts of the country (and world), Coke sweetened with sugar cane is easily available. Around these parts, you can find Coke in glass bottles in certain markets and bodegas, and it's sweetened with sugar cane.

And it tastes :emoji_thumbsup: .

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

In some parts of the country (and world), Coke sweetened with sugar cane is easily available. Around these parts, you can find Coke in glass bottles in certain markets and bodegas, and it's sweetened with sugar cane.

And it tastes :emoji_thumbsup: .

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I recently stumbled across a mention of this website in a magazine I get ("The Week").

www.sodapopstop.com

They have Coke w/ sugar imported from Mexico (but it will cost you!).

I was hoping they would have Josta (Pepsi product that they discontinued), but to no avail.

I will note: it seems so far like those of us that can't stand Diet find the new sodas tolerable to OK, but the diet drinkers can't stand them. Interesting.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
sometimes you'll see mexican coke for sale in the mexican section of your grocer, it was available when I lived in North Dakota... Came in little short bottles with spanish writing on them, but I never tried it.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Here in Northern Virginia, there's a large spanish population. I guess I could hit some of their Mercado stores to get the real "sugar" Coke. Then again, I usually see lots of Inca Cola being sold - which I have yet to try.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, some grocery stores around here focus towards the Mexicans and I've noticed they sell one liter glass bottles of Coke from Mexico. I'll have to check them out and see if they contain sugar, that is if I can figure out the ingredients.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I tried Pepsi Edge and found:

Disadvantage: Tastes less like "real" Pepsi than C2 tastes like "real" Coke

Advantage : Almost nil diet-y aftertaste. Less than C2

I'm OK with both of them, but I think Edge is a bit better (less aftertaste).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks