New Lois & Clark Seasons are NOT coming out faster than a speeding bullet as promised

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChadKo, Aug 23, 2005.

1. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

Warner said that more seasons of Lois & Clark would be coming out "faster than a speeding bullet" on DVD. Anybody know of rumored release dates? I know I asked this question a couple of months ago but I havent been on here in a while

Thanks again!
    Chad

2. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

WB was probably testing how the first season did in terms of sales to determine exactly WHEN to market the seasons. I'll bet we can get season 2 either in time for Valentine's Day or before the release of Superman Returns (maybe season 3 for the latter, with season 4 in time for the DVD release!).

3. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

4. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

Yeah, Season 2 is definitely coming out. It's just not been announced WHEN it will come out. A Christmas release time is possible, and preferable to boot.

5. Angela_K

Angela_K Stunt Coordinator

Angela
    Ummm it's only been two months since season 1 came out [​IMG] Warner said they're committed to releasing all 4 seasons.

Check out this thread [​IMG]

http://www.zoomway.net/ubb/ultimateb...c;f=1;t=002557

I read that Warner filmed something called LAFF, which stands for Los Angeles Friends of Lois and Clark Fest(L.A. FOLC Fest) for the Season 2 DVD, plus I read Dean might be doing commentary again for Season 2 [​IMG] I also read that Lois and Clark fans asked for their to be a tribute to Lane Smith on the Season 2 DVD, so I hope they do that [​IMG]

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

You know your old thread hasn't been deleted right?

7. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

Yes I do know, but nobody has replied in months because its so old.

Chad

8. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if the first season sold well? I've seen this set priced at $20 at a bunch of different places lately and I was wondering if that was a bad sign.

Paul

9. Mark Talmadge

Uh ... the current price drop is a promotional sales event across many of Warner Bros DVD TV Boxed Sets. If it didn't sell well then Smallville, Gilmore Girls, Friends, Wonder Woman, ER, plus many others wouldn't have dropped in their price.[​IMG]

Warner Bros also has a problem with releasing some television shows that are met with mediocre response. Babylon 5 Season 1, when ti was released, is an example of this. As fans well know, it took Warner Bros several months to release the second season and well as subsequent seasons. The problem might be true with Lois and Clark. While they may have made money on the first season, Warner is probably just focusing its attention on some of their other properties first that will have a quick turn around.

10. Angela_K

Angela
    Lois and Clark Season 2 is in the works, I know for a fact that one of the extras for the set is finished [​IMG] Also Warner Bros. has said they're committed to releasing all 4 seasons of Lois and Clark.

I mean it's only been 4 months since Season 1 came out, like I said previously give it time [​IMG]

11. Mark Talmadge

I would guess that a possible release date would be set for around February or March, from the look of things.[​IMG]

12. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

I'm still sticking with a release around Valentine's Day, with Season 3 releasing around the release of Superman Returns and Season 4 releasing around the DVD release of Superman Returns.

13. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

14. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

I like the cover art. My guess is that Season 3 will be yellow with a blue banner, then Season 4 will be like Season 1 with blue and a red banner (or something like that).

15. Angela_K

Angela
    WOOHOO Great news [​IMG] I love the cover art, that's one of my favorite L&C pics [​IMG]

I bet season 3 release coincides with Superman Returns coming out [​IMG]

Someone should edit the thread title, since they are coming out fast [​IMG]

16. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

I like that cover pic, too! Now if only these new sets would come out at the same $19.99 price that WHV is currently selling some of their older sets, I'd be so happy indeed! Of course, that's just wishful thinking, but hey, if the promotion goes well, they may do it again down the road, so you never know [​IMG]

BTW, Lois in that pic is looking real and spectacular. [​IMG]

17. MattGSmith

MattGSmith Stunt Coordinator

I concur. I love the packaging as well. I'm sure it'll be foil looking like the first set. I think I may have to put this on my Christmas list...

Been watching the first season, and have been really surprised how well it holds up over time, unlike some shows.. I forgot how much I loved the show..

18. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

You know it comes out just under a month AFTER Christmas, right?

19. billGR

billGR Agent

hi everyone good evening wow thats great that season 2 of lois & clark the new adventures of superman dvd set is comeing out in stores in january. i just bought season 1 of lois & clark its awesome its worth it extra footage in each episode. the real reason i waitng for season 2 is becouse of the episode the wall of sound guest starring michael des barres who played murdoc on macgyver it was like a reunion episode with teri hatcher & michael des barres just like old times i guess. thanks bill green [​IMG]

20. billGR

billGR Agent

hi everyone i wonder if season 2 will have extra like interviews with teri hatcher dean cain etc. thanks bill