What's new

New live Dave Brubeck CD from Telarc at.........Starbucks?! (1 Viewer)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Yep. Just came back from there and what do I see next to the scones and chocolate-covered cherries is a CD called "Park Avenue South". It has Dave playing piano and three other guys doing classic cuts with some new stuff.

All this was recorded live at a Starbucks in New York City. Oh yea--they used a DSD recorder to do it. :) I like Brubeck's music--hence my post.

Dave Brubeck's "Park Avenue South"

Check out the release date--this is getting funny (first DSOTM, now Brubeck).

LJ

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lance, I haven't seen this disc at Starbucks, but I have seen a number of discs there that look to be good. I haven't bought them because they are a bit pricey and I never see reviews of them. Did you buy the Brubeck CD? I am curious about this one since I too like Brubeck.

O.K., so the Brubeck disc was recorded in DSD. Where's the SACD? Also, I love that sale from telarc.com. $14.99 instead of $15.99. Whoo-hoo! O.K., enough of the sarcasm. :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Yeah, I was listening to After Hours on CBC the other night and Ross Porter played a track from this album. He got a great kick out of the fact that it was recorded at the Starbucks and that there were about 300 people there to catch the show. I guess it was one of those unannounced things.
Looking forward to picking this one up. Anyone know if it will be available on vinyl as well?

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Keith: after ordering my turntable, cartridge and dvd-audio player last week, I'm kinda poor right now. It was only $15 too. I just felt good ordering my latte! Oh man--those new automatic expresso machines Starbucks is installing can really suck! The coffee can be either too weak or too cool--I had to get my $3.50 drink remade. This is where the human touch definitely is superior.:emoji_thumbsup:

LJ

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lance, what compoenents did you end up getting? Regarding Starbucks, my fiancee is rather picky about how they make her Frappucino, and she sent them back a few times. I'm not nearly as picky. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks