1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New live CD from Thomas Dolby at cdbaby.com

Discussion in 'Music' started by LanceJ, Apr 15, 2004.

1. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Forty: Live Limited Edition at cdbaby.com

Wow, didn't know he invented that "Beatnik" audio format!

I sure wish they would remaster his Golden Age Of Wireless CD--this is one of the few CDs I own that I think really sounds sucky (i.e. rather shrill sounding & compressed, like all the songs were mixed for radio airplay).

LJ

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Aliens Ate My Buick is one of the best sounding CDs I own, and a title that I always list when someone starts a "what would you like to hear in hi-rez MC?" thread.

I use that as demo material to make sure that the bass and drums have suitable impact.

This is a pretty short set list. When I saw the title was "40", I Thought, cool, forty Thomas Dolby cuts live. Bummer.

BGL

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Lance, the vinyl shows no such limitations. Thanks for the link. I'm tempted but it seems too pricey. I wonder if it's the most expensive CD on the site? I'm used to seeing lower prices there.[​IMG]

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

It came out a year or so ago and at that time I got one of the autographed/numbered ones. It is a fantastic disc - both nice clean sound and fantastic performances - recorded at his 40th birthday party (and at a subsequent party). I listen to it often. Well worth the price I assure you. Even though it is a rather short album.