New live CD from Thomas Dolby at cdbaby.com

Discussion in 'Music' started by LanceJ, Apr 15, 2004.

1. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Forty: Live Limited Edition at cdbaby.com

Wow, didn't know he invented that "Beatnik" audio format!

I sure wish they would remaster his Golden Age Of Wireless CD--this is one of the few CDs I own that I think really sounds sucky (i.e. rather shrill sounding & compressed, like all the songs were mixed for radio airplay).

LJ

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Aliens Ate My Buick is one of the best sounding CDs I own, and a title that I always list when someone starts a "what would you like to hear in hi-rez MC?" thread.

I use that as demo material to make sure that the bass and drums have suitable impact.

This is a pretty short set list. When I saw the title was "40", I Thought, cool, forty Thomas Dolby cuts live. Bummer.

BGL

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Lance, the vinyl shows no such limitations. Thanks for the link. I'm tempted but it seems too pricey. I wonder if it's the most expensive CD on the site? I'm used to seeing lower prices there.[​IMG]

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

It came out a year or so ago and at that time I got one of the autographed/numbered ones. It is a fantastic disc - both nice clean sound and fantastic performances - recorded at his 40th birthday party (and at a subsequent party). I listen to it often. Well worth the price I assure you. Even though it is a rather short album.