What's new

New Live Action Disney...P&S Only!!!! (1 Viewer)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to the release of the original Parent Trap.

I, however, and still waiting for a release of the 1962 version of The Prince and The Pauper...

Aaron Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
Since I'm probably 10% percent of the audience for "Darby O'Gill", I will be upset if Disney can't finally let me see it in glorious widescreen.

I wouldn't mind seeing "I Captured the King of the Leprechauns" either. I mean, who doesn't want to see Walt Disney negotiating with King Brian to star in his movie?

Aaron Thomas

P.S. "Pretty Irish Girl" is so underrated a Disney tune!

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Is there any sort of announcement (official or otherwise) out there regarding these 4 DVDs? This is the first I've heard of them. The "Vault Disney" collection sounds awesome... I hope they go with it. Some of their lesser known titles that were licensed out to Anchor Bay early on could certainly use a revamping (Black Hole, Island At The Top The World, etc).
Here's hoping for a 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea announcement soon! :emoji_thumbsup:

JamesHromadka

Stunt Coordinator
I'm especially looking forward to the Hayley Mills titles. If Disney would also release "The Truth about Spring" and "Summer Magic" my HM collection would be complete.

According to IMDB, Parent Trap and Polyanna both have an OAR of 1.75:1. I hope Disney releases them in their OAR as I have never seen them that way.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I want:
  • The Parent Trap (coming May 8)
  • Flight of the Navigator
  • Babes in Toyland
  • Homeward Bound II
  • The Absent-Minded Professor
  • The Herbie the Love-Bug series
  • and DEFINATELY Darby O'Gill and the Little People!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
P.S.: Nice cover art!
B00005RRG9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Edit: Hey! This was post #1500! Whoa!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I also would love to see a DVD of Darby O'Gill...

I think it's the onlyu movie I've seen Sean Connery sing in...

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
To James Hromadka: Disney can't release Truth About Spring, it was a Universal theatrical release.
To Nate Anderson: Sean Connery also "sings" in Dr. No.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
"THX Certified" anyone else notice? I know that means nothing (just as it did on CCBB). I want 20,000 Leagues and Darby O'Gill by next Christmas.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
As I recall, Nate, Sean (though I suspect he's dubbed both here and in Darby) sings a few bars of "Underneath The Mango Tree" to Ursula Andress in Dr. No.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
An anamorphic DVD of the original "The Parent Trap" would be real nice, heck they should re-do the newer version as well. Has disney ever gone back to an older DVD and given it some improvment? I am still waiting on "Dinosaur", and an anamorphic version of "101 Dalmations", but I am not holding my breath.

William Miller

Second Unit
Disney has just announced 2 disc special editions for the following titles:

Old Yeller

The Parent Trap

Pollyanna

Swiss Family Robinson

They will be released on May 7, 2002.

For more details, go to Amazon.com

Yay!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Well, I'm not so sure how great the news is if Amazon's specs are correct. All of these titles are listed as being in full-screen format, with nothing about a widescreen version.

Swiss Family Robinson was 2.35:1 according to IMDB.

Pollyanna and Parent Trap were 1.75:1 according to IMDB.

The theatrical ratio for Old Yeller isn't noted, but the laserdisc was 1.33:1.

If all Disney gives us on these 2-disc sets is P&S this is horrible news.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
And where's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? That NEEDS to be widescreen even more, since its AR was something like 2.55:1.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I wouldn't get too worried yet about the specs, as retaillers are notorious for posting the wrong info. Wait until the official announcement.

Daniel Schenk

Stunt Coordinator
This has been discussed before in a long,long thread. So far only Amazon has the infos and i wouldn`t believe them.

I believe it when DVDFile or Digitalbits announce these Discs. After all,Amazon also had Great Mouse Detective listed as a February title and has removed it now.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I hope this turns out to be true, but I need more than amazon to believe it. If Disney has announced the Parent Trap (1961) coming on dvd, then it seems strange that I can't find it on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks