New Line Snappers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by stephen^wilson, Jun 23, 2002.

1. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

I know that new line are releasing their infinifilm dvds in keepcases,but can someone tell me if the platinum series discs are still in the snapper cases?

2. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Life As A House Platinum Series was recently released in a keep case so hopefully this is the way New Line is starting to go.

3. Andy Overby

Andy Overby Stunt Coordinator

My Life as a House Platinum is a snapper. I sure hate snappers, wish it was a keepcase.

-Andy

4. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Jeremy, if you purchased your "Life as a House" here in Canada then you actually purchased a Alliance Atlantis title, I think. I am at work currently and will verify this when I get home.

On a similar note, I just purchased Traffic, the Criterion Collection edition, and when I went to put it on the shelf, I noticed that id di not have a spine number. Even though it clearly is (and states it is) the criterion collection version, it is released here in Canada by Alliance Atlantis. Very strange, and might be why it is the first time I have seen a Criterion disc in Costco.

Edited for mistake on title.

5. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Thanks Lance...you're probably right. Funny how things like that change up here.

6. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Jeremy, I just double checked my copy, and yes it is released up here by Aliance Atlantis. The artwork and everything is mainly the same. Stangely enough the main banner across the top still states it is a NEW LINE release, even though once you inspect the art work, it has the odd little DVD logo that Alliance Atlantis uses (it isn't the DVD Forum's logo), and the Alliance Atlantis logo, as well as the Canadian video rating.

I can't remember, what with it actually being filmed up here, if Alliance wasn't one of the studios that produced the film. Going to have to spin the disc up to confirm that, I think.

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Blade 2: Platinum Edition will be in a keepcase. [​IMG]