New Line releasing The Mangler and Guyver 1 & 2 is August

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Justin_S, May 17, 2004.

1. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Mar 4, 2001
    Hell yes! Three favorites of mine finally hitting DVD this August. Here's the announcement:

Three "chilling tales of terror" will be hitting a DVD player near you on August 17th courtesy of New Line Home Entertainment. Making their DVD debuts will be Tobe Hooper's hilarious The Mangler (about a possessed laundry machine!), plus The Guyver and The Guyver 2. All are presented in remastered anamorphic widescreen (The Guyver is also a director's cut with four minutes of additional footage) and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround (The Mangler also includes a DTS option), and include theatrical trailers. Extras on The Mangler also features alternate and unrated scenes with a side-by-side edit comparison. Retail is $19.95 a pop.

Its about damn time these three films hit DVD. They're all huge favorites of mine, and I don't care what anyone says about The Mangler, I love it. Very pleased that I'll finally be able to retire my videos of these films. Color me annoyed that there aren't any extras though, as with the source material and people involved, all three films could have some great extras. At least they're finally coming though, and now if only New Line would release The Rapture, Nature of the Beast, and Alone in the Dark, and do it bloody soon, I'd have no more catalogue wants from them.
  2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Jul 11, 2003
    Michael Elliott
    I saw THE MANGLER years ago but don't remember too much about it. I didn't care for it too much but I heard the director's cut was a lot better. I'll certainly be looking forward to this one.

Never seen the other two though. [​IMG]
  3. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Jul 1, 2000
    I saw The Mangler last year, man thats a bad film. At least New Line is getting more catalogue titles out.