What's new

New Line : Question Regarding Proof of Purchase of LotR Theatrical Version (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
As detailed in this thread, there is a great deal of concern about damaging the outer insert in order to provide the proof of purchase of the DVD. At least for the US Region 1 release, the outer cover is the only place with the Proof of Purchase.
Is there an alternative available to those of us who eagerly want to capitalize on the valuable coupon opportunity but don't want to damage the very good cover of the theatrical release?
Would the barcode of the theft protection sticker work?
Could we receive a replacement slipcover without the barcode to replace the one we cut?
Is the coupon booklet proof enough of ownership of the DVD?
I love the theatrical release and am anxious to pick up the 5 disc release in November. Thanks for all your help.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Agreed. New Line made more trouble than it's worth by making this 5 dollars a rebate vs. just a coupon one could use when purchasing either extended set. Heck, it will probably cost them more administering the rebate program and sending out the checks than what it would have cost them for people using the coupon. For example, a lot of people who buy the Theatrical Version will probably toss the coupon and never buy the other version anyway.
:frowning:
THERE IS A WAY NEW LINE COULD REDEEM THEMSELVES
Through your notices to retailers, instruct them to accept the rebate form as a coupon. It's not too late to correct this poor marketing decision.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I noticed on my Saving Private Ryan, the proof of purchase was a tab on the insert inside the DVD case, not part of the actual cover.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It is unfortunate. I don't know that New Line can extend a solution, but I'd be pleased if they would.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The barcode on the security sticker is for reorders of the stickers, not individual titles

I too think the rebate form should be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks