What's new

New line of finished cabinets at PE (1 Viewer)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Just a note on the speaker city boxes. Unless they have changed them in the past couple of years, which it does not look to me that they have, they are the same woodstyle boxes madisound carries. IMHO the new PE look as if they are well worth the extra money compared to what speaker city sells. If you really like I can check them out again since they are only a 30 minute drive away.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

If that's true then I wouldn't even consider the Speaker City cabinets. At least not now that there is what I consider a much better alternative. The woodstyle cabinets get a big :thumbsdown: from me! :)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
I whole heartedly agree. I never liked the woodstyle boxes. If I remember correctly, I think the woodstyle boxes are made out of cheap 3/4 partical board. I think I am going to check it out.

From the website,
" The enclosures that we carry are built to our specifications out of ¾" MDF and particle board. Finishes include oak veneer that is finished in golden oak, black lacquer, cherry, and rosewood. Some are also available in a non veneered MDF painted black or white. And for our car style utility boxes, there is carpet. Enclosures with grill cloth have frames of ½" or ¾" MDF with ball types grill fasteners for a tight, trouble free fit to the enclosure. All enclosures have one of a few different types of openings for wire termination, with descriptions at the last column of each model on the page. The models with a "B" at the end of the part number signifies a blank enclosure with no hole cuts on the front baffle."

The cabinets they use for the kits do not look like the woodstyle boxes, so maybe they carry both. It is not to clear which ones you are ordering from the site. I should be able to go there this week, and report back my findings if anyone is interested.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
Well, just had mine delivered yesterday. For my new center channel project… a .75 cu ft Piano Black.

Let me just say one thing: This thing is gorgeous. Solid as a rock.

I just hope I don't have to work this weekend.:frowning:

I'm itching to get to work!

Cam S

Screenwriter
Wow, they sure look solid!! If only they had a dealer for them in Canada, so I could save a ton on shipping/duty/brokerage fees etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks