What's new

New Line - In the Mouth of Madness Infinifilm Edition (1 Viewer)

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Hey, I know this film was released on DVD some time ago but the only special feature of note was the commentary by John Carpenter and the Cinematographer. While I enjoy most Carpenter commentaries, I felt this one was particularly dull and didn't keep my interest throughout. I also noticed that this wasn't part of the New Line Platinum Series.
Why not re-issue this great film in the new line of Infinifilm special editions? You could cram this disc with a behind the scenes documentary at how KNB did the monster effects, maybe record a commentary with the KNB guys, John Carpenter and Sam Neill. Carpenter and Neill seem to be good friends, so I'm sure their commentary would be very entertaining. Though he's no longer part of New Line's creative team, a commentary with writer Mike DeLuca would be very interesting as well. You could also include various storyboards and deleted scenes.
Since the Infinifilm series is supposed to be one that will cram discs with all sorts of features, why not also include some of the H.P. Lovecraft short stories that inspired the film. Maybe include documentaries on the history of literary horror and a couple profiling the filmographies of director John Carpenter, and visual effects team KNB.
Of course, also give this film the usual audio and visual improvements.
While I own the current disc, I can't help but think that this great, under-rated film should've been given an equally impressive DVD treatment. Since it wasn't given the Platinum Series treatment, it is only too perfect that it could be a candidate for the upcoming Infinifilm series.
Who's with me on this one? Let's show New Line how badly we want it, and maybe they'll listen to us, as Fox did with the numerous requests for an Office Space Special Edition on DVD. To anyone from New Line out there, thanks for listening, and I'll hope you'll take this re-issue into consideration.
------------------

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I'd love to be able to purchase a special feature packed version of this movie!!
Gregory

rhett

Supporting Actor
The included commentary is as dull as a butter knife. All Carpenter films deserve full blown special editions, so count me in on this great horror flick!
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
This movie rules. Count me in. A classic flick indeed.
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially sense I rule"

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100%....a fully loaded version would be a must-buy for me.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Just thought I'd bump the thread up again, since the New Line chat is almost here. Come on guys, we need more support!

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Please no more infiny film! I do not want more substandard DVDs where they cannot even have such simple and important features as English subtitles.
Ron Birk

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I don't know about Infinifilm, but at least a nicely packed "Platinum Edition" would do. The only reason I have not yet bought this title is because my Image laserdisc has more supplements than the currently available DVD. I'll upgrade most of my LD purchaces to DVD but I won't downgrade ever!
New Line, please revisit this terrific title.
-Lyle J.P.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Lyle, just curious but what all was on the Laserdisc? Sounds like we could have a very good case for them to do a SE if they already have more supplements!

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
I'm not sure, but I think the Laserdisc had a bunch of TV spots that are not on the DVD. Anyway, an upgraded IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS is something that should be released on DVD.
------------------
Derek M. Germano
THE CINEMA LASER
DVD reviews, news and more...
www.thecinemalaser.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks