What's new

New Line and subtitles (1 Viewer)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
These Infinifilm just drive me crazy. First they do not support English subtitles at all. This is a huge disappointment and a very needed feature that most other studios support. Many display devices do not support close captions.

Okay, I got over the first madness and turned on Close Captions on Rush Hour 2. To my surprise the close captions are at the top of the screen throughout the whole movie! I cannot believe my eyes. So I pop in 13 Days and same thing there. No subtitles and close captions that cover the top of the movie through out. This is very very annoying. Everyone else have them at the bottom.

Please please please, New Line, rethink your subtitle philosophy.

Ron Birk

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Seems they would rather use the subtitle options to present smaller clips out of enitre documentaries that plays better on their own.

Infinifilm seems like such a disappointment IMO, although I have only seen Rush hour 2 and Thirteen days. What was wrong with the platinum editions?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
There are some films where the Infinifilm process is advantageous. Movies such as 13 Days, Apollo 13 and Deep Impact (not NewLine) are films where there could be a lot of footage and documentaries that are not directly movie-related. They could be inserted throughout the film where needed to enhance the experience. Movies such as Rush Hour 2 do not make good choices for this format. And by all means, provide the English subtitles, place them at the bottom of the screen where they belong, and make them small enough to not crowd the picture as some other films do.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
New Line seems to be the most paranoid out of all the major studios of exportation of their discs. Given that they do NOT distribute the discs themselves anywhere, and that other companies do their movies in other regions, this is a valid concern

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks