New Legends sucks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zos, Feb 26, 2002.

1. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Just wanted to warn anybody thinking about renting (or god forbid, BUYING) this stinker. I went to Hollywood Video hoping to rent the new UFC Xbox game but it was out so I grabbed this instead.

Played through the first level and into the second and even though I have four more days left to return it I think I'll take it back tomorrow, it's that bad.

Plain graphics, annoying camera, poor cinematics, dull gameplay--what more could you possibly want?

I don't know what I'd do without rentals, but unfortunately a lot of Xbox games aren't available for rent where I live...

So far I've been really impressed with the POSSIBILITIES of the Xbox, much less so with the games. DOA3 was the only one I was willing to actually buy.

Now I've got my fingers crossed for The Hunted, but I'm not holding out my hopes.

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

C'mon James, don't hold back. [​IMG] I was really looking forward to this game. No one around here rents it, and I'm sure not going to buy it after all the reviews. A lot of disappointments lately...
    -Dave

3. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

The two best new games out for the Xbox are UFC Tapout and Jet Set Radio Future. You guys should be plenty busy with those two out (and Rallisport Challenge on the horizon).

4. James Zos

I wasn't that interested in Jet Set to begin with, didn't seem like "my kind of game," but the posts on this forum have made me think twice, so I'll check it out.

Rallisport Challenge looks kind of rad too. I'd like to get a nice racing game.

5. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Hehe...rad... That's such a great word! And movie! [​IMG]

6. James Zos

Dude, I've only seen it like, five zillion times!

Laters.

7. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I believe Tony Hawk 3 is coming out next Tuesday as well, if you don't already have it for another console. I agree that the latest crop of games have been underwhelming, but I really like Genma Onimusha a lot, and with Jet Set and Tony Hawk coming out within a week of each other, I'll be busy for a while!