What's new

New Legend of Zelda game Delayed....:( (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Here it is..the aptly titled article "The article you dont want to read"...:frowning:
Link Removed
Its only 2 months and not a big deal but its SUCKS! I'm really intrigued to see how the new Cell shaded look works out and well dammit I just want to play a new Zelda game now. (Though those 2 months will no doubt only make the game better:emoji_thumbsup: )
Lets hope its the last of these we see.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Doesn't surprise me. They need to start releasing the big games or the GCN sales will cease since the PS2 and X-Box prices are now the same. Oh, and I do have a Gamecube.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Romier,

I wasn't able to use the link (not an IGN subscriber...)but I am not surprised at the delay. It's too bad, since I really like the new 'celda' look and am anxious to start on a new Zelda game.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I am completely and utterly not surprised. I predicted that between Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, one would see a delay to next year. I figured it would be Zelda.

Once again:

Delayed perfection is better than immediate mediocrity.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Not surprising at all.

Games are often delayed, & especially Nintendo in house games.

I would not be surprised to see the other big NGC games delayed some more as well.

History has taught us Nintendo is never in a hurry to say the least.

It is a bummer, but as has already been stated by others in this thread I also would rather it done to perfection.

If that means a delay then so be it.

To look at this from a positive point of view concerning Nintendo is Myamato the master has the freedom & control to polish to perfection.

I'll wait until he is done.

My $.02

Todd

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Remember how long we had to wait after the N64 came out for a Zelda game? Consider this a blessing in comparison.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
A late game is only late until is ships; a bad game is bad forever.
Too True... Too True...
I'm planning on getting a GC (have the PS2 and XBox now) but I'm waiting for some more titles I just have to have :)
I've read that the only way to get 480p out of a GC is if you buy some adapter from Nintendo and they charge something like $50 for it... Is this true?
Brian

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
It's just business as usual for Nintendo. They really need to do a better job of setting release dates. They should start over estimating release dates. Then everyone would be pleasantly surprised when one actually got moved up. All the delays really soured some people during the N64 era and it looks like it will be the same with the GC.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, I'm going to say it now...don't expect the new date to hold either. One, they likely won't be finished in the first place. Also, February is typically a very slow month for game sales. Don't expect to see it until at least Q2 2003. I'm gonna guess late April or May.

Aaron

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They really need to do a better job of setting release dates
Maybe the problem is that they actually set release dates. They should just say "we're releasing the new Zelda game next Tuesday" instead of "we're releasing the new Zelda game in a year."

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Just keep in mind that when Nintendo sets a release date on a game, the date is always in Nintendo Standard Time. Which means, believe at your own risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks