What's new

New LCD TV, older Home Theater System... (1 Viewer)

Alicia02

Auditioning
Real Name
Alicia
We have a 7 yr. old 1-bit Digital Home Theater System ( SD-At1000) that worked just fine with our Sony Bravia TV. We had to purchase a new TV today, and we chose a Samsung Series 4, 403. Our Home Theater System will turn on, but doesn't have any sound. We have it hooked up right, just like we did on our Sony Bravia, so that isn't the solution. Any help would be appreciated.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I found a picture of the rear of that Sharp system...
It would help to know the EXACT TV you bought.
I have a feeling the TV(the new one) only has a digital output...and you might be trying analog...
More info and we can help.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
The 403 series Samsungs have no audio outputs at all, digital or analog. If the OP needs analog audio outputs on the set, there are very few sets that still have them.
Toshiba's 32C120U and 40E220U (basic 32" and 40" lcd sets) do have both optical digital and fixed analog audio (RCA pin jacks) outputs (I've seen 'em). There may be others but these I know of for a certainty. I mention them because they, like the OP's 403 series Samsung, are inexpensive basic sets. They can be had at that big chain that also sells Die Hard car batteries and Craftsman tools for $239 and $379 respectively.
The only problem with the Tosh sets is that they have no composite video inputs (single yellow RCA pin jack), only 1 component, 2 HDMI, and 1 PC.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That is funny, cause this TV says it has one digital output...
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32D403-32-Inch-Black-MODEL/dp/B004VRJ3KQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1344637045&sr=1-1&keywords=samsung+403+series
And apparently that 32" is the only 403 TV there is...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I went and polluted my computer with the Samsung website...
They don't list an output at all and a couple of the reviews state it doesn't. And I love how clueless some Samsung customers are...one of the "pros" several people mention is it has built in speakers...do they not understand what a TV is?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I should reveal that I sell tvs. The LNxxD403 series Samsungs, which I assumed to be the model owned by the OP, were decontented "Black Friday" specials introduced last fall. We had them in 32 and 40 inch sizes. We never took a 32" model out for display but did have one of the 40 inchers on display up until a month or so ago. The 40" did not have any audio outs (I looked!). It did have what looked like a headphone mini-jack but that was labelled "service only".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks