New LCD FP - break-in period?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by LouAR, Feb 28, 2004.

1. LouAR

LouAR Stunt Coordinator

I think I read in the calibration posts that RPTVs require multiple calibrations while they experience a break-in period when new. I assumed this applied to all DLP and LCD RPTVs.

If correct, does it also apply to LCD FPs? I just received my first FP yesterday - WOW - [​IMG]

Waiting for my AVIA disk to arrive but found some settings advised by a reviewer on Home Theater Hi Fidelity.com and enjoyed a pretty good image last night. I do not yet have my screen so I ironed and hung a couple of sheets. I now have a better appreciation of all of the discussion about screen-door effect. Consistent with many posts here in the forum, it kind of disappears the further away you sit. Zooming the image seems to increase the distance you must sit from the screen to avoid seeing it.

So, back to the original question, is what U see what U get (after 1st calibration)? Or should I expect to adjust it periodically over the next few months of usage?

Thanks,
    ~ Lou ~

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

No, although the bulb may shift over time, but not in the same way that a CRT display will.

3. LouAR

LouAR Stunt Coordinator

Thank you![​IMG]