New Kylie Minogue wax figure at Madame Tussauds

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MickeS, Jul 23, 2002.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Looks pretty good, at least in this shot (most of their stuff looks frighteningly good though, so this probably looks good up close too). Nice pose too! [​IMG]
    Has anyone of our London members been there?
    [​IMG]
    /Mike

2. DennisHP

DennisHP Second Unit

mmmmmm... Kylie

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    The heat I'd gererate standing next to her would melt her, I'd better not go.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I just watched a special someplace on cable on how much goes into making one of those wax figures. I always thought they just worked from a plaster mold taken off of the subject but, no.. they do it all from photographs.

So, if Madame Tussauds calls you saying they want to make a wax figure of you.. go ahead, it's not much work. They just show up and snap a few pictures and your job is done!

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I've been trying to figure the whole Kylie Minogue phenomenon out - I recall hearing about her ten years ago, as sort of an "Australian Debbie Gibson", then she dropped off the radar (in the U.S., anyway) except for Street Fighter [​IMG], and lately I've been hearing about her again. What I'm wondering is, has she been popular continually elsewhere, or is this a career resurrection everywhere?

6. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I agree, Jason. It's a no brainer that there are many female performers with better voices, and with better bodies for that matter. [​IMG] I just don't understand all the hoopla over such mediocrity.

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Jason, she never completely went away in Europe (at least musically, when it comes to "celebrity status" she never went away at all [​IMG], but she wasn't topping the charts either, though she did have a huge hit with a duett with Nick Cave some years ago. I think her latest effort is sort of a "comeback" album there.
    I don't find her mediocre at all; she's beatiful, has a decent and rather unique voice and good catchy songs.
    /Mike

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Actually, I don't think I've actually heard anything she's done recently (and can't remember anything from the first time around) - it's the way she was off the radar for a long time before reappearing that puzzles me.

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I think she reappeared here mostly due to the record company giving her more money for marketing in the US.

/Mike

10. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Thanks for the heads up...I wonder if they do commissions [​IMG]
    Take care,
    Chuck
    P.S. The image of Kylie as Cammy (in a HORRIBLE film) will live in my dreams forever!!!!!!

11. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Kylie's been a mega-star around the world ever since her debut in 1988. Only the US has been inexplicably resistant to her charms. [​IMG] Her albums to date:
    • Kylie (1988, US release, still available)
    • Enjoy Yourself (1989, US release, OOP)
    • Rhythm of Love (1990)
    • Let's Get To It (1991)
    • Greatest Hits (1992)
    • Kylie Minogue (1994)
    • Impossible Princess (1997)
    • Light Years (2000)
    • Fever (2001, US release)
    The first four albums and greatest hits were mostly written and produced by 80's UK pop-masters, Stock Aitken Waterman (who also produced US hits for Rick Astley, Bananarama, Samantha Fox, Dead or Alive, and Donna Summer, plus dozens and dozens more in the UK and worldwide).
    Kylie Minogue and Impossible Princess marked her break from SAW and an attempt at indie/rock credibility. They were her worst selling albums and are the only time her popularity has waned a bit over the years as her fans missed "fun" Kylie. [​IMG]
    In 2000, Light Years was a return to light pop music upon which her original success was based and was a huge comeback to the charts with the singles "Spinning Around" (UK #1), "On a Night Like This" (UK #2) and "Please Stay" (UK #7) which were also hits in many other countries worldwide.
    So, she was only off the radar here in the US. Around the rest of the world, she's never gone away and has always been quite popular. The US has never embraced the type of pop/dance tracks that rule the charts in the rest of the world. Hence, why we've not heard from Kylie here in the US while she's been spanning the rest of the globe for 15 years.
    Thank god for the internet and import ordering. Makes getting decent music so much easier. [​IMG]

12. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Hey could somebody post some pics of her so I can errr compare to the sculpture? [​IMG]

13. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Who cares about Kylie! Do they have an Emmanuelle Beart figure? Huh, do they? [​IMG]

14. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

Kylie is reportedly the top earning female artists in the music history. She worths more than Madonna.

Stock Aitken Waterman, the producers of Kylie, Rick, Bananarama, is worth more than any producers in the world too.

15. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

16. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    [​IMG]
    It made the front page of todays Sun, and look some guy's already having a closer look, tsk tsk.[​IMG]

17. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Post Edited By Administrator - Do Not Repost!

18. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Steve, I was wondering if they let the visitors have access to the area behind the figure, since I assume a bunch of them would do exactly what the guy in the picture does... [​IMG]
    Henry, that Real Doll is freaky, it was featured in one of the "Real sex" episodes on HBO. It looks so real (well except the facial expression [​IMG]).
    /Mike

19. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Thanks Greg!!! [​IMG]

20. DeanR

DeanR Second Unit

Dean
    Kylie is a hottie but I do have a thing for Sa Sa Sa
    Samantha Fox [​IMG]