What's new

new kraftwerk album in July - anyone know anything about it? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Just what the title says - the music press and various websties are advertising a new Kraftwerk album and single released early- to mid-July. The single and album appear to be called 'Tour de France 2003'. I know that an album centred upon Tour de France was mooted a long time ago, but eventually it was scrapped to be replaced by Electric Cafe.

Anyone got any more info on the forthcoming album and single, please?

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
I found this on the web at http://www.epitonic.com/fishwrap/arc...03-06-12.html:
You wouldn't think that a group which hasn't put out an album in almost 20 years would want to "rush" their new one, but that's just what the legendary electronic pioneers Kraftwerk are doing with their new Astralwerks album Tour de France, timed for a July 22 release to coincide with the conclusion of the Centenary Edition of the international cycling competition from which the album takes its name. Yes indeed, the Tour de France turns 100 this year, while machine men themselves push on into middle age, a reality highlighted by the fact that the track "Tour de France 03" is a reworking of an EP-only track the German duo recorded in 1983. The new version of "Tour de France" will also be rush-released as a single to be made available on CD and 12-inch vinyl this July 8, a few days after the race begins. The other compositions on the full-length album will all be brand new. Tour de France is conceived as a soundtrack for the great race, and like all Kraftwerkian sonic enterprises, seeks to conjure in music terms the most important relationship of the 20th century, that of humans and their mechanical creations.
(Emphasis added.)

New Kraftwerk!!! Whoo-hoo!!!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Wow,I must be out of time,I didn't now that Kraftwerk shrunk to a duo.Who left who remains? Will there be a US release,or another "worldwide" one like the MO TB 2003?

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
one word: vinyl! Yaaay! I'm going to hear Kraftwerk! Yaaaay! I'm gonna go to ha-waii! Yaaaay!

Will they tour? please? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks