What's new

New Klipsch Sub: Good lord! (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Klipsch apparantly has a new sub coming out
smiley_jawdrop.gif

http://www.klipsch.com/index.asp?path=/products/productdetail.asp?frame=y&id=397&line=&1
Naturally I would think this sub would suck for music, I mean a 21" driver and a 15" driver usually doesn't = good tight upper bass however down low this could be a monster.
Naturally they don't have any specs just yet posted on the performance and based on Klipsch's 15 of the previous year this looks to be a knockout!

Miles_W

Second Unit
Shane, I think that the Klipsch is a 15" driver with a 15" passive radiator... giving an "equivilent to 21" driver...
Miles
------------------
Miles
DarkSide Member since(93)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
As usual, the copy is written to impress the typical consumer. It's somewhat misleading information to add the surface area of the active driver and the PR, as typically only the PR takes over for deep bass duty. I notice they refer to "drivers", while there's really only 1. It'll be cool to see how it measures.
Looks purty, though.
Naturally I would think this sub would suck for music, I mean a 21" driver and a 15" driver usually doesn't = good tight upper bass however down low this could be a monster.
It may well be a monster, but you can't judge anything about a sub's "musicality" by the driver size.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
When I ordered my SVS several months ago, it seems like Tom Vodhanel knew of or personally knew the designer of these subs for Klipsch.
It would be interesting to get his take on these subs if he's seen (heard) one of them yet....Tom, are you out there? :)
Also, the KSW line from Klipsch, while not a great sub 30hz performers....fair really well in the 30hz+ range. I still have a KSW-15 with my SVS and the thump is Awesome!!!
I am very curious about these new RSW subs...they look nice, hopefully they sound good too.
Jeremy

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Didn't Deon Beardon design this sub? I thought I read that he was designing a big sub for Klipsch.
Brian
------------------

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Deon works for Klipsch...he probably had a hand in the design...as it looks very good and he's a very,very good woofman.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks