What's new

New Klipsch RF series (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Dan
Im planning a small home theater setup around my new panasonic 55vt30 I just ordered (cant wait). Dont know what reciever or sub im going with yet. But im thinking about this klipsch setup http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rf-52-ii-1-overview/. Does anyone know if this is a good setup? Or any recommendations for something in the same price range with similar or better quality? the room is about 25'by30' and itll be for movie and music. Thanks for any input.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Only you know if it sounds good to you. No one can "tell" you what speakers are "good" for you.

Klipsch makes a quality product, and many people like how they sound - but then again, many other people are not crazy about how they sound. You need to find a local dealer, take some music or movies that you are familiar with, and spend at least 30 minutes or more auditioning them.

Klipsch has a rather "unique" sound due to their use of horn tweeters. Some folks like the brightness of the sound, others do not. You need to find out which camp you're in.

There are lots of other popular brands of speakers out there that would be worthy of consideration. Check out Polk, Paradigm, and PSB for starters. The more you listen to, the more you'll discover what sounds best to you. All three offer speaker packages in the same ballpark as the Klipsch.

Real Name
Dan
The reason im interested in the klipsch package is cause i found a good deal on them:

http://store.audioholics.com/product/3066/66457/klipsch-rf-52-ii-home-theater-package

...and they come with a yamaha rx-a700 reciever. Problem is i have no way of hearing these as theres no dealers around here. I did hear a paradigm demo today which included moniter 7 towers, cc290 center, adp190 surrounds, and a pdr100 sub. I must say i loved the way it sounded. I would probably go with an svs sub instead. Only problem is i was quoted $1980 for that setup. With the different sub and extra for the reciever im over budget by a good amount. Im also waiting to hear back from an SVS rep on monday. Sucks I cant hear the Klipsch and SVS speakers first. Im still leaning towards the Klipsch just for the deal and learn to like it? Its a tough choice but im sure with the rite tuning Im hoping i could get the sound im looking for from the klipsch's. would really appreciate anymore opinions on my situation. thanks

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, you won't learn to like it (IMO, of course :D ). For many folks Klipsch is fatiguing. It actually makes my head hurt if I listen for too long. I would recommend listening first no matter what you buy, but especially with brighter speakers like these. Have you considered getting SVS speakers as well as the sub? You get a 30 day in home trial which gives you plenty of time to decide (you do have to pay return shipping). Also check out Axiom Audio. They are as revealing as Klipsch but not nearly as bright (I own them, FWIW).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks