What's new

New Klipsch "lifestyle" products (1 Viewer)

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator
I was perusing Klipsch's website and came across THESE new products that Klipsch unveiled at CES. Here's a pic of their new THX system. They look pretty interesting, I'm curious as to their "sound", as they don't have a traditional tractrix horn.

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I should have started a different thread for those, considering that they are not a "lifestyle" product. I love the machined aluminum fronts on the THX Ultra2 speakers, very sharp. I am a current Klipsch customer and I have been looking at some other brands for my next HT set-up, depending on prices and performance, Klipsch may be keeping me as a customer.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really convinced THX certification for electronics makes a lot of audible difference, but I think THX certification for speakers definitely does.

LJ

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
You have to remember that there are plenty of components out there that would easily meet or surpass the requirements for THX certification, but the companies simply do not want to or feel the need to pay money for the certification tests and the logo on their products.

All it really is is reassurance of a certain performance and marketing.

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator

Thats how I always looked at THX certified products too. If it's THX certified, it's going to perform well. But, how well will it perform considering its price? Well anyways, I'm really interested in hearing the MSRP and specs on these new Klipsch speakers, if anybody knows, cough it up!!!

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Klipsch to Bose: My subwoofer is bigger than yours.
Bose to Klipsch: But I deliver "award-winning" sound!
Klipsch to Bose: THX Certification. Beat that.

Let it be known: Klipsch is "bringing it". With the great looks of the Klipsch setup, and the brawn to back it up, Bose will be hard-pressed to create a system that can compete for the objective listener.

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
With respect to loudspeakers, THX certification has more to do with dispersion pattern, frequency response rolloff (2nd order at 80Hz to match with the 2nd order 80Hz high pass in THX certified a/v processors) and SPL capability than with a simple certification of "quality."

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Wow, those speakers look great. So great that I went over to the Klipsch forum to see how much they cost. That first set is going to run about $4000 and the second set they haven't finalized the price on, but probably around double the price of the first set.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well the price looks ridiculous for those. They look like they are perhaps 4" drivers in the satellites and the tractrix horn isn't there!!

Also the subwoofer doesn't look much bigger than around 8"... I am curious to how these will sound as I think other Klipsch systems offer better for less, and if the price is truley around $4000 for the first system then I don't know what they are thinking.

That reciever they got there better deliver 200w pre channel or something because I would never buy that, even though it is a nice looking system.

And the second systems seems to deivert from Klipsch's design... Something new is always cool I guess.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, on the Klipsch forum there was a discussion about how high the price was and the mod (who i assume works for Klipsch) joined the discussion and was talking about how they felt there was a good market for it. So I guess the price is true. He also mentioned that the second set is meant to be hidden or built-in so that is why they aren't as pleasing to the eyes.

EDIT: Oh, and it's only 100 watts per channel (for the small system), but it does come with a universal player (DVD-A, SACD, DVD, etc)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Excuse me I just saw them, and they look around 5" to 6" big. The subwoofer still doesn't look that impressive though.

.....sort of like a Bose system......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks