Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
In the immortal words of Beavis and Butthead:
"You can't polish a turd"
:D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Why would they change an easily recognized logo that has been in use forever with that pile of crap?

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Typical corporate thinking. A new logo -- not even a new logo, just new colors -- will solve all their problems. How much money (that they don't have) are they going to spend to change all the signage, letterheads, shopping bags, employee nametags, etc.?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
K-Mart is not going out of business. They never were going to go out of business. Filing Chapter 11 doesn't mean that all the time. Oh yes, the color's are bad. But it's only a test to get reaction. You've reacted!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it's from the 70's. I too don't understand why companies spend millions on getting new logos. But maybe it's just a maqrketing expense, I guess the thinking is that the old one blends in too much in the landscape so people don't notice it, but when the new one comes out, that's supposed to make us interested again. Maybe it works.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Apperently, about 3 years ago, my company paid some astronomical amount of money (multi-millions) to a consulting (graphic design related I'm assuming) firm to come up with a new logo. All they did was completely throw out our logo, and our new "logo" is just the name of the firm in a particular font in blue. WTF!?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
hehe
yeah, logo design is incredibly expensive. That's why you see a lot of "design our logo and get a free t shirt" contests lol.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Isn't that the company that makes urinal pucks:)
Brent
Who got paid to desigh that?

KyleS

Screenwriter
I'm sure they'll figure out a way to spend someone else's money to do it.
Clinton has it right they will just spend investors money to pay for this and if they go bankrupt again who cares it isnt "Our" money. And yes I agree it is terrible.

KyleS

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
God that's ugly! They should go back to the big red "K" with the blue-green "mart" instead of the ugly new K with "mart" writtin on it in cursive. There's ONE store left near me that still has the old sign up, I've felt like asking them specifically never to change it! :) There was another one that had the old one for a long time but finally changed it, that made me sad. :frowning:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This is almost as bad as the old brown/yellow/orange Magic Mart logo from the 80s which looked eriely (sp) like the Winnabego emblem.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Wow, how do I put this politely...
THAT IS HIDEOUS
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks