What's new

New JVC DVD Player (1 Viewer)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Hello, Im new to this forum and did a little research on dvd players before I purchased one,have big time home theatre dreams with small time home theatre money

Anyway I purchased A JVC XV-FA900BK 7 DVD changer,watched a few movies have an older Philips Magnavox TV with just the coaxial connection nothing else,I had to buy a modulator to run my dvd player to my tv,anyway went through reviews and heard this and that,I watched a few movies and everything was ok,put on Windtalkers and DVD started freezing up at middle of movie,but the DVD was bad(exchanged it for another and it worked perfectly)but my problem is while watching Men In Black II Widescreen Special Edition every 15 to 20 minutes a couple of small brown rectangles or lines will show up in a small part of the picture from anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds,anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

JoeyR,
Unfortunately this is not an answer to your question, but I have a question for you.

I too bought this player last week open box for $200.00 at a local 'Big Markup', and am having some difficulty with the Analog 5.1 settings. Here's the scenario:

JVC XV-FA900BK connected to H/K AVR525 with 5.1 Analog outs and with 'Plastic Optic' not Fiber Optic Toslink. The manual tells me to go into the speaker settings on the DVD player and set the speaker settings(large, small, etc.), but it won't let me into that menu, it just makes me skip right over it when trying to enter it. Now, my H/K does have independant bass management for all speakers in it and I do have that set appropriately, but the manual tells me to go into the player and set this.

I have checked and double checked the other Audio settings (PCM, Stream, DD) in the player settings and I am pretty sure that I have everything set right. It seems to work ok, but nowhere does it say 'not to set this, it says to set this' and it won't let me.

Do you have any experience with this or can you see if you can get into your menu?

Sorry this doesn't answer your question, I have had no problem visually yet, and or really audibly either, except for getting into that menu.

Thanks

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Ok Im new at this and really dont know about hooking all the things together,I figured someone would have tried to help me by now or made a suggestion

But to set your speakers set analog out to multi channel hit enter and you should be able to move over and highlight the speakers icon, click 5.1 and change to expert,hit enter, after you do that you can access the speaker setup icon below it,hope it helps

Bob Santos

Agent
Joey,
It sounds like a scratched disc.
I have run into that a few times.
Are these rental DVD's? It's not uncommon for them to be a bit scratched up.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Also, try to see if there is some lint on the disc. This happens to me once in a while (have a JVC XV-S60). I just blow on the disc and everything's fine and dandy.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Thanks Bob and Eric this is the special edition that I purchased new, I will try checking the disc and if that doesnt work Ill bring it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks