What's new

New JVC DVD-A players (1 Viewer)

Tom_Hayes

Grip
I just went down to Circuit City and they had a new JVC player, which I bought (since I can always return it.)
I haven't seen this mentioned and it's not on the JVC site yet.
XV-SA75GD (Champagne) and XV-SA70BK (Black)
features:
DVD-Audio
Progressive Scan
1024x Zoom (a little over kill)
DD/DTS decoder
VCD, MP3 decoding
Came with Component Cables in the box.
The picture seems good and the DVD-Audio works fine (albeit a little slow.)
I only played with it for about an hour at the house but I'll be playing with it all week long for sure.
Cost: $299

Jay_E

Stunt Coordinator
It appears to be the successor to the JVC 723. It adds CD-R/CR-RW and MP3 compatability. AFAIK all the progressive JVC players have the same picture quality (excellent) and de-interlacing (not good with video and poorly flagged DVDs) performance. They also scale non-anamorphic letterbox DVDs similar (but not exactly) to the Panasonic RP91. They also do not have the "chroma-bug".
Even after reading the latest progressive DVD player shootout I still believe that the JVC players are the best low cost players on the market. For the vast majority of "normal" mainstream DVD titles they produce a picture that is as good as any other model. If you watch alot of non-mainstream DVDs you might want to consider a model that does a better job with video based material. I'd say for $300 you would be hard pressed to find any other progressive DVD/DVD-A model with similar features and performance.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks