New JVC AV-32D502 ! Can u recommend a stand?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenny Lee, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Kenny Lee

Kenny Lee Auditioning

Just picked up my new JVC which will serve as my HT set until I can decide on the RPTV.
    I'm really happy with this set, and owe a thanks to this forum for helping me find and settle on this set. Picture looks very good, even on my fair to middling cable signal.
    Now I'm trying to buy a good, moderately priced (< $200) stand to put it on. Seems there's lot of stands for the Wegas, but does anybody make one specifically for the 32D502? Anybody have something that works well with this set?
    I don't want to spend too much because it will soon go tot he great room to replace the old 27' and make room for the RPTV.
    I'm in Atlanta, and it seems that the local CC, BB, Tweeter (has a few) have very little to offer.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Greg Black

Greg Black Second Unit

I use a Gusdorf model# 80550 for my JVC 32D501. It's made for a 36" set, but you have to have a larger stand because of the width of the JVC's.
    I think it looks alot better than most stands, and it's very sturdy and functional. I got it at Circuit City. Should cost around $90-100, even though I managed to talk the salesman into giving it to me for free when I got my JVC in November last year [​IMG]

3. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

OT, just wondering if the JVC 32Dx02 does the anamorphic squeeze? Awhile aqo, there was a discussion that was kinda inconclusive....so I would to know for sure one way or the other.
    I have the previous model, the JVC 32D201, and it does the squeeze.
    Enjoy the new TV.
    Thanks.
    Dave

4. WilliamZ

WilliamZ Agent

I have a 32d502 and if you tell me how to do the squeeze, I'll test it for you.

5. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

William,
    For the "squeeze" procedure on the JVC AV-xxDx01 and I think, the AV-xxDx00, read my post here:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/007718.html
    Be advised that I have heard that the number of parameters under the {picture} submenu for the AV-xxDx02 (your TV) has increased significantly. Also, the parameter numbers 41 and 42 may not match VSIZE and VSCR, respectively. I think that the key is to locate the parameters by looking for VSIZE and VSCR and see what their ranges are. As noted, make sure that you write down all the parameter values in case of a screwup.
    Thanks.
    Dave
    [Edited last by DavidY on October 28, 2001 at 12:22 AM]

6. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I second what Greg said. I have the very same 32D501/80550 tv/stand combo and it fits great. Picked it up at CC for around $100.