new Jurassic 5 album...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonK, Oct 7, 2002.

1. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

For all the other hip-hop 'headz' on the forum, this is just a friendly reminder that the new J5 album "Power In Numbers" is released tomorrow.

Circuit City had it in their ad for $10.99, Best Buy in their ad for $11.99

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Jason, thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow when I pick up the new Crimson album.
    Two new CDs to annoy the neighbors with. [​IMG]

3. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

No problem Mike. I was surprised to see that it was coming out this week. I knew it came out in October, but didn't know the exact release day.

This is one of my most anticipated releases of the year.

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I'm just finishing listening to this one.

Power In Numbers cements Jurassic 5 as my favorite active rap group right now. This album did what I didn't think was possible with an hour-long hip-hop album- stay consistently enjoyable and great throughout the whole thing.

This is a real winner. The rapping style of the guys has improved. It's clear, strong, and stylish. The music is very enjoyable.

In a more perfect world, "If You Only Knew" would be a #1 hit.

NP: this

5. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I'm just finishing listening to this one.

Power In Numbers cements Jurassic 5 as my favorite active rap group right now. This album did what I didn't think was possible with an hour-long hip-hop album- stay consistently enjoyable and great throughout the whole thing.

This is a real winner. The rapping style of the guys has improved. It's clear, strong, and stylish. The music is very enjoyable.

In a more perfect world, "If You Only Knew" would be a #1 hit.

NP: this

6. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

Ack!

I'm gonna stop and pick this up in a couple hours. I've been so looking forward to something new from these guys. They are as good as rap music gets as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, Mike, I picked up Blazing Arrow last weekend. Excellent disk. Thanks for the recommendation. I sure wish there was more of this stuff out there. It's nice hearing rap music that is focused on the beats, rhymes, and telling a good story, rather than how much money one has.

7. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I've listnened to the first few tracks so far and really enjoy it.

I picked up this, DJ Vadim's new one, and the new Squarepusher today so I have some listening ahead of me.

8. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

Okay, I've given this a good listen and all I can say is wow! This is the best stuff I've heard in a long time. Mike pretty much summed up my feelings in his little review.

It's funny, I've gotten so used to buying a CD and only enjoying a few songs on it (To the point that I just don't buy many any more) that as I would get into each song I would think to myself. "the next song has got to be a disappointment after this." only to be treated to another excellent track. (It's a sad state of affairs when my mentality towards a new disc has come to that, but that's a whole other discussion.)

And as I listen to the track "A Day at the Races" I'm thrilled to hear Big Daddy Kane tearing it up. Haven't heard anything remarkable from him in a long while.

This one's definitely in heavy rotation in my CD player for a while.

9. BorisM

BorisM Stunt Coordinator

I will definitely give this disc a thumbs up. Although I am pretty new to hip-hop, this is a pretty cool disc end-to-end.

10. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned the DVD that comes with the album.. It's just a short documentary kind of video, but it's a cool addition.

-Aaron