New JMLab Sib speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAF, Jan 10, 2003.

1. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

If anyone who has these, or has seen these new satellite speakers from JMLab, either at CES or at their local dealer, could please answer a question for me. Can the Sibs be mounted on the ceiling? It appears from their website that they can but I want to make sure before I seriously consider these for my rear speakers. And if you have heard them would they work well for both music and movies in a 7.1 setup? I'm also considering using two others as my side surrounds because of my room configuration. What is the MSRP for these speakers? Thanks to any and all who can help me.

Mike

2. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

Anyone, anyone???

Mike

3. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

all i know is the MSRP is $350 a pair

4. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Jason,
    Thanks for that information. That sounds very reasonable even if they were $350 each. Now if I can just find out if they can be mounted on the ceiling[​IMG]
    Mike

5. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

have you checked out the little Morel ball type speakers? i know they can be ceiling mounted

i remember seein a pair on audiogon for only $75...i was very tempted to buy them for computer speakers

6. Brandon Blair

Brandon Blair Stunt Coordinator

Yes they can be mounted on a ceiling very easily. I have done it as well as putting them on walls and they work very well in both aplications. They are truely an incredible speaker pair for $350. I can promise you would be happy with them for both music and HT applications. Actually, you can get them a little cheaper than the $350 if you go ahead and buy a whole set of them for a 5.1 use. You get 5 Sib's and the Cub (matching subwoofer, retail $450) for $1,195. So it would be a savings of about $125 verses buying them all seperately.

-Brandon

7. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Brandon,
    Thanks for responding to my questions regarding the Sibs. My only other concern would be that my amp is rated at 250Wpc into 8ohms and I think JMLabs recommends an amp no grater than 75 Wpc. I don't know if this would be a problem or not during movies with lots of bass and action in the side and rear surrounds. Do you use these speakers in your home theater or are you an installer who has installed them in other's systems?

Mike