What's new

New Japanese Last Emperor Blu 2:35:1?? (1 Viewer)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Peter Neski /t/323767/new-japanese-last-emperor-blu-2-35-1#post_3975668
well it could be a typo,but upcoming Japanese 3 Blue Ray is listed on Amazon Japan as 2.35:1
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B008M03CCI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0PE3G815SPB42BT81Z49&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376776&pf_rd_i=489986
Gee Just saw their Listing for The Blue Ray of Sheltering Sky has it listed as 2:35:1 Too
According to the specifications, it's not only Region 1/A, but the running time makes it the extended 3 hour, 38 minute cut as well...cool!!!

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Yeah its not ,amazon jp list it as that,so there listing of a 2.35:1 Last Emperor is not to be trusted

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
well just got this reply from amazon JP :
Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.co.jp.
Regarding your inquiry, it is confirmed that the item, "ラストエンペラー
コレクターズ・エディション(初回生産限定) [Blu-ray]" has "Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1" as you see on the
product page.
According to the label, "Geneon Universal," the "Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1" is the
first one in the world with the item.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Great news !!! Finally!!!!! I can't understand how I got a title released on the 1st of Nov in Japan today the 2!!!!!!!!!! insane??
The best is the 2.35:1 picture !! super!!!

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
When a Japanese release of "The Last Emperor" became available on Laserdisc, they snipped out a few seconds of footage that depicted "Japanese atrocities".

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
looks like the bonus disc is three documentaries they got from criterion,which for the most part are in English ,there are a couple people who speak in Italian,so there are no English subtitles
for that ,The long version is 2.35:1 16x9 DTS Hd the surtitles on that and the other version can be removed ,haven't compared picture yet
there's no commentary so one will have use for the Criterion version for something,also there are also other extras which aren't on the Japanese Universal set

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
This looks close to the criterion to me,more so than the french Pal version which before this Japanese version came out was the best version
That I had, That is yellower ,
I think its excellent ,the best so far and it even has resume play!! you can watch the long version now
and of course it isn't cropped like the Criterion version

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Peter Neski /t/323767/new-japanese-last-emperor-blu-2-35-1#post_3997101
This looks close to the criterion to me,more so than the french Pal version which before this Japanese version came out was the best version
That I had, That is yellower ,
I think its excellent ,the best so far and it even has resume play!! you can watch the long version now
and of course it isn't cropped like the Criterion version
After reading your review, Peter, I can hardly wait for my copy to arrive next week from Amazon...thanks for the report!!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Any news if this is coming in Region 1? (I was complaining about the current Criterion set on another thread, so I figured I'd better look into it.)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Ethan Riley said:
Any news if this is coming in Region 1? (I was complaining about the current Criterion set on another thread, so I figured I'd better look into it.)
well The Japanese BR is Region A

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks