What's new

new Japanese disc of Leon-The Professional coming in June with DTS (1 Viewer)

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
so do you think the extended cut (Leon) will be on one edition with DTS and the other edition will have both Leon and the Theatrical Cut?

Peter Svensson

Second Unit

I´m not sure what you mean, but it looks like both editions will have a dts track. On the other hand, I will not be surprised if there will be a corrected Superbit, so I´m not sure if it´s wise to buy one of the japanese editions.

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I was just wondering if you guys thought that the disc that appears in the second link in CraigL's thread will have both cuts of the film since the disc in the first link appears to just be Leon. I was just wondering what the differences in the editions might be since the second link appears to be some sort of special edition.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
It says in the bad translation that: "This set original edition". I don´t know what to make of it, if it means that it is the original cut. If that´s the case, it is the shorter version. The international cut is the longer.

The "SE" edition seems to include som kind of booklet or photo book. If it does, keep in mind that these kinds of booklets is always in japanese. I get a feeling that it´s only a new edition of the old Integral version with a dts track to "spice" it up a bit.

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
the original Japanese version was the longer cut so the first link is probably just that version with an added DTS track like you said and maybe a couple of extras.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Well, dvdcompare says this: "24 minutes longer Director's Cut/ International Version of the film. The title's reference to uncut is misleading in that the shorter versions are not cut, just the original edit of the film."

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison...ge.php?fid=467

So it all comes down to if it means the original edit of the film (short) or the original japanese version (long). Looks like we have to wait for more details.

CraigL

Screenwriter
So wait a second...

Are we saying that on the "2 disc version" that both Leon and The Professional are going to have DTS tracks?

Let's just refer to "Leon" as the extended cut as that's what it is.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
What do you mean CraigL? The title of the movie is "Leon - The Professional", at least that is what my Superbit says, which is the extended cut.

There will be two editions of the movie, not two versions on the same edition, unless the editions will have seamless branching.

Both editions will probably feature the same version of the movie, but it´s possible that one edition will have the shorter version and one will have the longer, since the site doesn´t state the lenght of the both editions.

But it does look like both editions will feature a dts track. My concern is that these editions will be the shorter version of the film.

I will wait until CDJAPAN lists it and if it´s still unclear I will ask their excellent costumer service.

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
I believe it was known simply as Leon internationally. I think the U.S. was the only country to use The Professional at all. Of course I could be mistaken.

CraigL

Screenwriter
That's what i'm saying. The original is known as "The Professional" and the extended version is known as "Leon" so instead of saying "extended cut" or directors cut"..blah blah...it's just easier.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting the single disc DTS edition, as I don't want to have the shorter theatrical cut that comes with the Limited Edition.
The theatrical cut won't come with DTS.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Is it confirmed that the Japanese release have the correct DTS soundtrack, and not the faulty track from the Superbit release?

CraigL

Screenwriter
No. I have the Japanese version. There's very little surround information there. And i keep my surround speakers constantly at +2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks