What's new

New James Taylor SACD: WOW! (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
You gotta hear the sonics on the new Sony James Taylor: JT album. They are fantastic.
The tracks I think just jump out of the speakers like he is in the living room:
Your Smiling Face
Secret O' Life
Handy Man
Doug Sax did the hero's effort of a DSD mastering job, straight from analog tape.
I also received today from Acoustic Sounds, all Super Audio, of course:
Miles Davis, In A Silent Way
Chet Baker, Chet (early listening is superb)
Bill Evans, Waltz for Debby
Mini reviews to follow...:)
It's been an early Christmas! ;)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Lee, I panned the JT disc for not being changer friendly last week. Nothin' wrong with the sound, maybe? See the old thread. Best wishes!
P.S.- I got Rollins' WAY OUT WEST 2-day and it's good but why didn't he take Max Roach out west with him?;)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Lee, I panned the JT disc for not being changer friendly last week.
I know but there was little discussion on how great the sonics on this puppy are. I think people might not get the right idea on the disc otherwise. The music is really great.
I have had no problems with disc at all on my 777ES.
Get Saxophone Colossus which is even better! :)
:)

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they did a nice job on JT, but given the amount of fans, don't you think they should have released more JT titles by now?

Regards,

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Lee,

Yes, but how big is JT's Columbia catalog anyway? It has to be nearly as extensive as "this month's Miles Davis release".

They've got more Billy Joel releases on SACD than they do JT -- I love them both, but JT has by and large had better recording quality anyway.

Regards,

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee,
I agree that JT sounds excellent. Kudos to Sony for this one.
John,
I agree with you. Sony should give us more James Taylor on SACD. Why in the world did Sony not release October Road on SACD a few weeks ago? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
OK Kotches! You ribbed me a while back for mentioning some DVD-A discs that were "Lite" jazz...and you listen to Billy Joel? Now I don't know what to think:eek:

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Brian,
Freddie Hubbard does a guest trumpet solo on Zanzibar, Phil Woods does the alto work on Just the Way You Are.... 'nuff said :)
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread