new issue of Total Movie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I bought the first issue of the 'new' Total Movie and sent away for the disc which I finally received last week. The second new issue is at my local newsstand and I was flipping through it and on the card there was no way mentioned to get the DVD on the subscription card like last time. How does one get it? Are they not doing them anymore? I'd subscribe but went to their website and they won't send the forty DVDs outside the US. I want forty Z grade movies!

jeremy

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I got the new issue in the mail WITH the DVD... it was the first issue of NEW Total Movie that I have gotten (they finally picked up my old subscription)
    ...anyways... look for the DVD WITH the magazine [​IMG]

3. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    Based upon my old subscription I have received issues #5 and #6 both with DVDs. The latest issue (#6) features Lord of the Rings on the cover.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The DVD is no longer included with issues of the magazine in-stores. At all.
    You MUST get the DVD through the mail. You HAVE to be in the USA, apparently, to get that DVD.
    If anyone knows of a way to get them to send the DVD out-of-country, even just to Canada, post here. I had someone at the Canada branch of my company inquire with me how to do this, and I didn't have an answer. If anyone knows how I can hook her up, I'd appreciate it. A method known to work. As a previous post said, the company does not intend to send discs out-of-country themselves. [​IMG]
    As a side note, when I got my Dec/Jan issue of TM in the mail, the disc qualified as the 1000th disc in my collection! Weird, huh? If it had shown up after Christmas, then #1000 would have been Moulin Rouge instead!! [​IMG]

5. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

That stinks that you don't get the DVD if you buy it on the newstands. The magazine is pretty poor in itself and I only get it for the free DVD because I like trailers.

The articles almost seem outdated by the time the magazine comes out. The reviews also seem poor. I guess they had one of the few DVD players that had no problems with the Monty Pyton DVD and the subtitles, they don't mention it at all.

Matt

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer